To configure LLDP and create an LLDP profile, you must be a superuser or device administrator (deviceadmin). A firewall interface supports a maximum of five LLDP peers.
- Enable LLDP on the firewall.Selectand edit the LLDP General section; selectNetworkLLDPEnable.
- (Optional) Change LLDP global settings.
- ForTransmit Interval (sec), specify the interval (in seconds) at which LLDPDUs are transmitted. Default: 30 seconds. Range: 1-3600 seconds.
- ForTransmit Delay (sec), specify the delay time (in seconds) between LLDP transmissions sent after a change is made in a TLV element. The delay helps to prevent flooding the segment with LLDPDUs if many network changes spike the number of LLDP changes, or if the interface flaps. TheTransmit Delaymust be less than theTransmit Interval. Default: 2 seconds. Range: 1-600 seconds.
- ForHold Time Multiple, specify a value that is multiplied by theTransmit Intervalto determine the total TTL Hold Time. Default: 4. Range: 1-100. The maximum TTL Hold Time is 65535 seconds, regardless of the multiplier value.
- ForNotification Interval, specify the interval (in seconds) at which LLDP Syslog Messages and SNMP Traps are transmitted when MIB changes occur. Default: 5 seconds. Range: 1-3600 seconds.
- Create an LLDP profile.
- SelectandNetworkNetwork ProfilesLLDP ProfileAddaNamefor the LLDP profile.
- ForMode, selecttransmit-receive(default),transmit-only, orreceive-only.
- SelectSNMP Syslog Notificationto enable SNMP notifications and syslog messages. If enabled, the globalNotification Intervalis used. The firewall will send both an SNMP trap and a syslog event as configured in theandDeviceLog SettingsSystemSNMP Trap ProfileSyslog Profile.
- For Optional TLVs, select the TLVs you want transmitted:
- Port Description
- System Name
- System Description
- System Capabilities
- (Optional) SelectManagement Addressto add one or more management addresses andAddaName.
- Select theInterfacefrom which to obtain the management address. At least one management address is required ifManagement AddressTLV is enabled. If no management IP address is configured, the system uses the MAC address of the transmitting interface as the management address TLV.
- SelectIPv4orIPv6, and in the adjacent field, select an IP address from the list (which lists the addresses configured on the selected interface), or enter an address.
- Up to four management addresses are allowed. If you specify more than oneManagement Address, they will be sent in the order they are specified, starting at the top of the list. To change the order of the addresses, select an address and use theMove UporMove Downbuttons.
- Assign an LLDP profile to an interface.
- Selectand select the interface where you will assign an LLDP profile.NetworkInterfaces
- SelectEnable LLDPto assign an LLDP profile to the interface.
- ForProfile, select the profile you created. SelectingNoneenables LLDP with basic functionality: sends the three mandatory TLVs and enablestransmit-receivemode.If you want to create a new profile, clickLLDP Profileand follow the instructions steps above.
- Commit your changes.ClickCommit.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.