Enable PAN-DB URL Filtering
- Obtain and install a PAN-DB URL filtering license
and confirm that it is installed.If the license expires, the firewall ceases to perform PAN-DB URL Filtering; URL category enforcement, URL cloud lookups, and other cloud based updates will not function until you install a valid license.
- Select DeviceLicenses and, in the License Management
section, select the license installation method:
- Retrieve license keys from license server
- Activate feature using authorization code
- Manually upload license key
- After installing the license, confirm that the PAN-DB URL Filtering section, Date Expires field, displays a valid date.
- Select DeviceLicenses and, in the License Management section, select the license installation method:
- Download the initial seed database and activate PAN-DB
URL Filtering.The firewall must have Internet access; you cannot manually upload the PAN-DB seed database.
- In the PAN-DB URL Filtering section, Download Status field, click Download Now.
- Choose a region and then click OK to start the download.
- After the download completes, click Activate.
The value in the Active field changes to Yes.If PAN-DB is already the active URL filtering vendor, clicking Re-Download clears the dataplane and management plane caches and replaces them with a new seed database. You should avoid doing this unless it is necessary, as you will lose your cache, which is customized based on your users’ web traffic.
- Schedule the firewall to download dynamic updates for
Applications and Threats.A Threat Prevention license is required to receive content updates, which covers Antivirus and Applications and Threats.
- Select DeviceDynamic Updates.
- In the Schedule field in the Applications and Threats
section, click the None link to schedule
periodic updates.You can only schedule dynamic updates if the firewall has direct internet access. If updates are already scheduled in a section, the link text displays the schedule settings.The Applications and Threats updates sometimes contain updates for URL filtering related to Safe Search Enforcement.
Enable BrightCloud URL Filtering
Enable BrightCloud URL Filtering Obtain and install a BrightCloud URL filtering license and confirm that it is installed. BrightCloud has an option in the URL ...
Migrate Panorama and non-HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to P...
Migrate Panorama and non-HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to PAN-DB Perform this procedure to migrate the URL filtering vendor from BrightCloud to PAN-DB on Panorama and ...
Problems Activating PAN-DB
Problems Activating PAN-DB Use the following workflow to troubleshoot PAN-DB activation issues. Access the PAN-OS CLI . Verify whether PAN-DB has been activated by running ...
Install Content and Software Updates
Install Content Updates To ensure that you are always protected from the latest threats (including those that have not yet been discovered), you must ensure ...
Migrate Panorama and HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to PAN-D...
Migrate Panorama and HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to PAN-DB Perform this procedure to migrate the URL filtering vendor from BrightCloud to PAN-DB on Panorama and ...
About PAN-DB PAN-DB—the URL Filtering cloud database—classifies websites based on site content, features, and safety. A URL can have up to four URL Categories , ...
Enable a URL Filtering Vendor
Enable a URL Filtering Vendor To enable URL filtering on a firewall, you must purchase and activate a URL Filtering license for one of the ...
URL Database Out of Date
URL Database Out of Date If you have observed through the syslog or the CLI that PAN-DB is out-of-date, it means that the connection from ...
Dynamic Content Updates
Palo Alto Networks frequently publishes updates to equip the firewall with the latest threat prevention and intelligence. ...