Request to Change the Category for a URL
If you think that a URL is not categorized accurately, you can request for us to categorize it differently. Submit a change request directly in the firewall, or use Test A Site. A change request triggers PAN-DB—the URL Filtering cloud—to do an immediate analysis of the URL for which you’re suggesting a category change. If PAN-DB validates that the new category suggestion is accurate, the change request is approved. If PAN-DB does not find the new category suggestion to be accurate, the change request is then reviewed by human editors from the Palo Alto Networks threat research and data science teams.
After you’ve submitted a change request, you’ll receive an email from us confirming that we’ve received your request. When we’ve completed our investigation, you’ll receive a second email confirming the results.
You cannot request to change the risk category a URL receives (
medium risk, or
low risk), or to URLs categorized as
Make a Change Request Online
- Go to Test A Site.You do not need to log in to submit a change request, though you will need to provide your email as part of the change request form. If you decide not to log in, you’ll need to take a CAPTCHA test to confirm that you’re a human being (log in to avoid the CAPTCHA test).
- Enter a URL to check it’s categories:
- Review the URL categories, and if you don’t think that they’re accurate, selectRequest Change.
- Continue to populate and submit the change request form.Include at least one (and up to two) new category suggestions, and leave an (optional) comment to tell us more about your suggestion.
Make a Bulk Change Request
- Go to Test A Site.You don’t need to log in to make a change request; however, you’ll need to provide your email as part of completing the change request form. If you decide not to log in, you’ll need to take a CAPTCHA test to confirm that you’re a human being (log in to avoid the CAPTCHA test).
- Choose the option to submit a bulk change request:
- Complete and submit the bulk change request form.
Make a Change Request from the Firewall
You can also submit a URL category change request directly from the firewall. In the URL Filtering logs, the details for each log entry include an option to
Request Categorization Change(
From here you can complete the request form, and submit it.