Enable BrightCloud URL Filtering
- Obtain and install a BrightCloud URL filtering license and confirm that it is installed.BrightCloud has an option in the URL filtering profile () to either allow all categories or block all categories if the license expires.ObjectsSecurity ProfilesURL Filtering
- Selectand, in theDeviceLicensesLicense Managementsection, select the license installation method:
- Activate feature using authorization code
- Retrieve license keys from license server
- Manually upload license key
- After installing the license, confirm that the BrightCloud URL Filtering section,Date Expiresfield, displays a valid date.
- Install the BrightCloud database.The way you do this depends on whether or not the firewall has direct Internet access.Firewall with Direct Internet AccessSelectand in the BrightCloud URL Filtering section, Active field, click theDeviceLicensesActivatelink to install the BrightCloud database. This operation automatically initiates a system reset.Firewall without Direct Internet Access
- Download the BrightCloud database to a host that has Internet access. The firewall must have access to the host:
- In the Resources section, clickDynamic Updates.
- In the BrightCloud Database section, clickDownloadand save the file to the host.
- Upload the database to the firewall:
- Log in to the firewall, selectand clickDeviceDynamic UpdatesUpload.
- For theType, selectURL Filtering.
- Enter the path to theFileon the host or clickBrowseto find it, then clickOK. When the Status isCompleted, clickClose.
- Install the database:
- Selectand clickDeviceDynamic UpdatesInstall From File.
- For theType, selectURL Filtering. The firewall automatically selects the file you just uploaded.
- ClickOKand, when the Result isSucceeded, clickClose.
- Enable cloud lookups for dynamically categorizing a URL if the category is not available on the local BrightCloud database.
- Enter the following commands to enable dynamic URL filtering:> configure # set deviceconfig setting url dynamic-url yes # commit
- Schedule the firewall to download dynamic updates for Applications and Threats signatures and URL filtering.You can only schedule dynamic updates if the firewall has direct Internet access.The Applications and Threats updates might contain updates for URL filtering related to theSafe Search Enforcementoption in the URL filtering profile. For example, if Palo Alto Networks adds support for a new search provider vendor or if the method used to detect the Safe Search setting for an existing vendor changes, the Application and Threats updates will include that update.BrightCloud updates include a database of approximately 20 million websites that are stored locally on the firewall. You must schedule URL filtering updates to receive BrightCloud database updates.A Threat Prevention license is required to receive Antivirus and Applications and Threats updates.
- Select.DeviceDynamic Updates
- In the Applications and Threats section, Schedule field, click theNonelink to schedule periodic updates.
- In the URL Filtering section, Schedule field, click theNonelink to schedule periodic updates.If updates are already scheduled in a section, the link text displays the schedule settings.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.