Regular Expression Data Pattern Examples
The following are examples of valid custom patterns:
- Looks for the word “Confidential” or “CONFIDENTIAL” anywhere
- “.*” at the beginning specifies to look anywhere in the stream
- Depending on the case-sensitivity requirements of the decoder, this may not match “confidential” (all lower case)
- .*((Proprietary & Confidential)|(Proprietary and Confidential))
- Looks for either “Proprietary & Confidential” or “Proprietary and Confidential”
- More precise than looking for “Confidential”
- .*(Press Release).*((Draft)|(DRAFT)|(draft))
- Looks for “Press Release” followed by various forms of the word draft, which may indicate that the press release isn't ready to be sent outside the company
- Looks for a project code name, such as “Trinidad”
Objects > Custom Objects > Data Patterns
Objects > Custom Objects > Data Patterns The following topics describe data patterns. What are you looking for? See: Create a data pattern. Data Pattern ...
Data Pattern Settings
Data Pattern Settings Select Objects Custom Objects Data Patterns to define the categories of sensitive information that you may want to filter. For information on ...
Syntax for Regular Expression Data Patterns
Syntax for Regular Expression Data Patterns When you create a regular expression data pattern, the following general requirements apply: The pattern must have a string ...
Create a Custom Application
Create a Custom Application To safely enable applications you must classify all traffic, across all ports, all the time. With App-ID, the only applications that ...
Correlation Logs The firewall logs a correlated event when the patterns and thresholds defined in a Correlation Object match the traffic patterns on your network. ...
Customize the CLI
Customize the CLI Specify how long an administrative session to the management interface (CLI or web interface) can remain idle before logging the administrator out: ...
Correlation Object A correlation object is a definition file that specifies patterns to match against, the data sources to use for the lookups, and time ...
Objects > Custom Objects > Spyware/Vulnerability
Objects > Custom Objects > Spyware/Vulnerability The firewall supports the ability to create custom spyware and vulnerability signatures using the firewall threat engine. You can ...
Generate Custom Reports
Generate Custom Reports You can configure custom reports that the firewall generates immediately (on demand) or on schedule (each night). To understand the selections available ...