Configure An Administrative Account for a WildFire Appliance
Create and configure admin user with granular authentication parameters for the WildFire appliance.
Create one or more administrators with granular authentication parameters for your WildFire appliance to manage from the Panorama™ management server. Additionally, you can configure local administrators from Panorama that can be configured directly on the CLI of the WildFire appliance. However, pushing new configuration changes to the WildFire appliance will overwrites local administrators with the administrators configured for the WildFire appliance.
- (Optional) Configure an authentication profile to define the authentication service that validates the login credentials of the administrators who access the WildFire appliance CLI.
- Configure one or more administrator accounts as needed.The administrator accounts created on Panorama are later imported to the WildFire appliance and managed from Panorama.
- Configure the authentication for the WildFire appliance.
- Selectand select the WildFire appliance you previously added.PanoramaManaged WildFire Appliance
- (Optional) Select theAuthentication Profileyou configured in the previous step.
- Configure the authenticationTimeout Configurationfor the WildFire appliance.
- Enter the number ofFailed Attempts before a user is locked out of the WildFire appliance CLI.
- Enter theLockout Time, in minutes, for which the WildFire appliance locks out a user account after that user reaches the configured number ofFailed Attempts.
- Enter theIdle Timeout, in minutes, before the user account is automatically logged out due to inactivity.
- Enter theMax Session Countto set how many user accounts can simultaneously access the WildFire appliance.
- Enter theMax Session Timethe administrator can be logged in before being automatically logged out.
- Add the WildFire appliance administrators.Administrators may either be added as a local administrator or as an imported Panorama administrator—but not both. Adding the same administrator as both a local administrator and as an imported Panorama administrator is not supported and causes the Panorama commit to fail. For example, the commit to Panorama fails if you addadmin1as both a local and Panorama administrator.
- Addand configure new administrators unique to the WildFire appliancer. These administrators are specific to the WildFire appliance for which they are created and you manage these administrators from this table.
- Addany administrators configured on Panorama. These administrators are created on Panorama and imported to the WildFire appliance.
- ClickOKto save the WildFire appliance authentication configuration.
- Commitand thenCommit and Pushyour configuration changes.
- Access the WildFire appliance CLI to verify you can successfully access the WildFire appliance using the local admin user.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.