Configure TACACS+ Authentication for a Dedicated Log Collector
Configure TACACS+ authentication for a Dedicated Log Collector.
You can use a TACACS+ server to authenticate administrative access to the Dedicated Log Collector CLI. You can also define Vendor-Specific Attributes (VSAs) on the TACACS+ server to manage administrator authorization. Using VSAs enables you to quickly change the roles, access domains, and user groups of administrators through your directory service, which is often easier than reconfiguring settings on Panorama.
- Configure TACACS+ authentication.
- Add a TACACS+ server profile.The profile defines how the Dedicated Log Collector connects to the TACACS+ server.
- SelectandPanoramaServer ProfilesTACACS+Adda profile.
- Enter aProfile Nameto identify the server profile.
- Enter aTimeoutinterval in seconds after which an authentication request times out (default is 3; range is 1–20).
- Select theAuthentication Protocol(default isCHAP) that Panorama uses to authenticate to the TACACS+ server.
- SelectCHAPif the TACACS+ server supports that protocol; it is more secure thanPAP.
- Addeach TACACS+ server and enter the following:
- Nameto identify the server.
- TACACS+ ServerIP address or FQDN.
- Secret/Confirm Secret(a key to encrypt usernames and passwords).
- ServerPortfor authentication requests (default is 49).
- ClickOKto save the server profile.
- Assign the TACACS+ server profile to an authentication profile.The authentication profile defines authentication settings that are common to a set of administrators.
- SelectandPanoramaAuthentication ProfileAdda profile.
- Enter aNameto identify the profile.
- Set theTypetoTACACS+.
- Select theServer Profileyou configured.
- SelectRetrieve user group from TACACS+to collect user group information from VSAs defined on the TACACS+ server.Panorama matches the group information against the groups you specify in the Allow List of the authentication profile.
- SelectAdvancedand, in the Allow List,Addthe administrators that are allowed to authenticate with this authentication profile.
- ClickOKto save the authentication profile.
- Configure the authentication for the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Selectand select the Dedicated Log Collector you previously added.PanoramaManaged Collectors
- Select theAuthentication Profileyou configured in the previous step.If a global authentication profile is not assigned you must assign an authentication profile to each individual local administrator to leverage remote authentication.
- Configure the authenticationTimeout Configurationfor the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter the number ofFailed Attempts before a user is locked out of the Dedicated Log Collector CLI.
- Enter theLockout Time, in minutes, for which the Dedicated Log Collector locks out a user account after that user reaches the configured number ofFailed Attempts.
- Enter theIdle Timeout, in minutes, before the user account is automatically logged out due to inactivity.
- Enter theMax Session Countto set how many user accounts can simultaneously access the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter theMax Session Timethe administrator can be logged in before being automatically logged out.
- Add the Dedicated Log Collector administrators.Administrators may either be added as a local administrator or as an imported Panorama administrator—but not both. Adding the same administrator as both a local administrator and as an imported Panorama administrator is not supported and causes the Panorama commit to fail. For example, the commit to Panorama fails if you addadmin1as both a local and Panorama administrator.
- Addand configure new administrators unique to the Dedicated Log Collector. These administrators are specific to the Dedicated Log Collector for which they are created and you manage these administrators from this table.
- Addany administrators configured on Panorama. These administrators are created on Panorama and imported to the Dedicated Log Collector.
- ClickOKto save the Dedicated Log Collector authentication configuration.
- Commitand thenCommit and Pushyour configuration changes.
- Log in to the Panorama CLI of the Dedicated Log Collector to verify you can successfully access the Dedicated Log Collector using the local admin user.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.