Schedule Export of Configuration Files
Panorama saves a backup of its running configuration as well as the running configurations of all managed firewalls. The backups are in XML format with file names that are based on serial numbers (of Panorama or the firewalls). Use these instructions to schedule daily exports of the backups to a remote host. Panorama exports the backups as a single gzip file. You require superuser privileges to schedule the export.
If Panorama has a high availability (HA) configuration, you must perform these instructions on each peer to ensure the scheduled exports continue after a failover. Panorama does not synchronize scheduled configuration exports between HA peers.
To export backups on demand, see Save and Export Panorama and Firewall Configurations.
- Select PanoramaScheduled Config Export and click Add.
- Enter a Name and Description for the scheduled file export and Enable it.
- Using the 24-hour clock format, enter a daily Scheduled Export Start Time or select one from the drop-down.
- Set the export Protocol to Secure Copy (SCP) or File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Enter the details for accessing the server, including: Hostname or
IP address, Port, Path for
uploading the file, Username, and Password.If you are exporting to a BSD server, you will need to modify the SSHD password prompt to <username>@<hostname> <password>: .
- (SCP only) Click Test SCP server connection. To enable the secure transfer of data, you must verify and accept the host key of the SCP server. Panorama doesn’t establish the connection until you accept the host key. If Panorama has an HA configuration, perform this step on each HA peer so that each one accepts the host key of the SCP server. If Panorama can successfully connect to the SCP server, it creates and uploads the test file named ssh-export-test.txt.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Select CommitCommit to Panorama and Commit your changes.
Schedule Log Exports to an SCP or FTP Server
Schedule Log Exports to an SCP or FTP Server You can schedule exports of Traffic, Threat, URL Filtering, Data Filtering, HIP Match, and WildFire Submission ...
Panorama > Scheduled Config Export
Panorama > Scheduled Config Export To schedule an export of all the running configurations on Panorama and firewalls, Add an export task and configure the ...
Device > Scheduled Log Export
Device > Scheduled Log Export You can schedule exports of logs and save them in CSV format to a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server or ...
Save and Export Panorama and Firewall Configurations
Save and Export Panorama and Firewall Configurations Saving a backup of the candidate configuration to persistent storage on Panorama enables you to later restore that ...
Manage Panorama and Firewall Configuration Backups
Manage Panorama and Firewall Configuration Backups The running configuration on Panorama comprises all the settings that you have committed and that are therefore active. The ...
Device > Setup > Operations
Device > Setup > Operations You can perform the following tasks to manage the running and candidate configurations of the firewall and Panorama. If you’re ...
Configure the Maximum Number of Configuration Backups on Panorama
Configure the Maximum Number of Configuration Backups on Panorama Select Panorama Setup Management and edit the Logging and Reporting Settings. Select Log Export and Reporting ...
Firewall Backups Panorama > Managed Devices Panorama automatically backs up every configuration change you commit to managed firewalls. To manage the backups for a firewall, ...
Save and Export Firewall Configurations
Save and Export Firewall Configurations Saving a backup of the candidate configuration to persistent storage on the firewall enables you to later revert to that ...