Upgrade Log Collectors When Panorama Is Not Internet-Connected
Upgrade Log Collector software to PAN-OS® 8.0 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is not connected to the internet.
For a list of software and content updates you can install on Log Collectors, see Supported Updates.
- Before you upgrade Log Collectors, ensure that
you are running the appropriate Panorama™ software release on the
Panorama management server.Palo Alto Networks® highly recommends that Panorama and Log Collectors run the same Panorama software release and that Panorama, Log Collectors, and all managed firewalls run the same content release version. For important software and content compatibility details, see Panorama, Log Collector, Firewall, and WildFire Version Compatibility.Panorama must be running the same (or later) software release as Log Collectors but must have the same or an earlier content release version:
To check the software and content versions:
- Software release version—If your Panorama management server is not already running the same or a later software release than the release to which you intend to update Log Collectors, then you must install the same or a later Panorama release on Panorama (see Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama) before you update any Log Collectors.
- Content release version—For content release versions, you should ensure that all Log Collectors are running the latest content release version or, at minimum, running a later version than you will install or that is running on Panorama; if not, then first update managed firewalls (using Panorama) and then update Log Collectors before you update the content release version on the Panorama management server (see Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama).
- Panorama management server—Log in to the Panorama web interface and go to General Information settings (Dashboard).
- Log Collectors—Log in to the CLI of each Log Collector and run the show system info command.
which content updates you need to install on Log Collectors. Refer
to the Release Notes for the minimum content
release version you must install for a Panorama release.You must install content updates before software updates.
- Run the show system info CLI command to view the current update versions.
- For each content update, determine whether you need
updates and take note of which content updates you need to download
in Step 4.Ensure that Panorama is running the same but not a later content release version than is running on managed firewalls and Log Collectors.
- (As needed) Before you update content versions on Log Collectors, first upgrade managed firewalls to the same or later content release versions.
the software upgrade path for the Log Collectors that you intend
to update to Panorama 8.0. Refer to the New Features Guide for the upgrade path
to PAN-OS® 8.0.Log in to Panorama, select (PanoramaManaged Collectors) and note the current Software Version for the Log Collectors you intend to upgrade.
- Download the content and software updates to a host that
can connect and upload the files to Panorama either over SCP or
- Use a host with internet access to log in to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support web site.
- Download content updates:
- Click Dynamic Updates in the Resources section.
- Download the desired content updates and save the files to the host. Perform this step for each content type you will update.
- Download software updates:
- Return to the main page of the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support website and click Software Updates in the Resources section.
- Review the Download column to determine the version to install. The update package filenames for M-Series appliances begin with “Panorama_m” followed by the release number. For example, to upgrade an M-Series appliance to Panorama 8.0.8, download the Panorama_m-8.0.8 image.You can quickly locate Panorama images by selecting Panorama M Images (for M-Series appliances) from the Filter By drop-down.
- Click the appropriate filename and save the file to the host.
- Install content updates on Log Collectors.If you need to install content updates, you must do so before you install software updates. Additionally, install content updates on firewalls first and then on Log Collectors before you update the content release version on Panorama.Install the Applications or Applications and Threats update first and then install any other updates (Antivirus, WildFire®, or URL Filtering) as needed, one at a time, and in any sequence.Regardless whether your subscription includes both Applications and Threats content, Panorama installs and needs only the Applications content. For details, see Panorama, Log Collector, Firewall, and WildFire Version Compatibility.
- In Panorama, select PanoramaDevice DeploymentDynamic Updates.
- Click Upload, select the update Type, Browse to the appropriate content update file on the host, and click OK.
- Click Install From File, select the update Type, and select the File Name of the update you just uploaded.
- Select the Log Collectors.
- Click OK to start the installation.
- Repeat these steps for each content update.
- Install software updates.
- Select PanoramaDevice DeploymentSoftware.
- Click Upload, Browse to the appropriate software update file on the host, and click OK.
- Click Install in the Action column for the release you just uploaded.
- Select the Log Collectors on which to install the update.
- Select one of the following based on the software
version you are installing within the upgrade path (Step 3):
- Upload only to device (do not install).
- Reboot device after install.
- Click OK to start the installation.
- Verify the software and content versions that are installed
on each Log Collector.Log in to the Log Collector CLI and enter the show system info operational command. The output will resemble the following:
sw-version: 8.0.2 app-version: 649-3758 app-release-date: 2016/12/21 15:46:03 av-version: 2581-3020 av-release-date: 2016/12/21 14:31:27
Panorama Logs to the New Log Format.When you upgrade to a Panorama 8.0 or later release, Panorama Log Collectors use a new log storage format. Because Panorama can no longer generate reports or ACC data from logs in the pre-8.0-release log format, you must migrate the existing logs as soon as you upgrade Panorama and its Log Collectors from a PAN-OS 7.1 or earlier release to a PAN-OS 8.0 (or later) release. Log migration is a one-time task; you do not need to migrate them again after you upgrade to PAN-OS 8.0.
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection If Panorama™ has a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama software ...
Deploy an Update to Log Collectors when Panorama is Internet-connected
Upgrade Log Collector software to PAN-OS® 8.0 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is connected to the internet. ...
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected If Panorama™ does not have a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama ...
Deploy an Update to Firewalls when Panorama is not Internet-connected
Upgrade firewall software to PAN-OS® 8.0 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is not connected to the internet. ...
Software Updates for Dedicated Log Collectors
Software Updates for Dedicated Log Collectors Panorama > Managed Collectors To install a software image on a Dedicated Log Collector, download or upload the image ...
Install Updates for Panorama in an HA Configuration
Install Updates for Panorama in an HA Configuration To ensure a seamless failover when you update the Panorama software in a high availability (HA) configuration, ...
Manage Software and Content Updates
Manage Software and Content Updates Panorama > Device Deployment > Software Panorama provides the following options for deploying software and content updates to firewalls and ...
Deploy Updates to Firewalls, Log Collectors, and WildFire Appliances Using Panorama
Use Panorama™ to test software and content updates on a subset of firewalls and Dedicated Log Collectors before you deploy to all your firewalls and ...
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama A valid support subscription enables access to the Panorama™ software image and release notes. To take advantage of ...