Preview the Rules and Commit Changes
The final task in Use Case: Configure Firewalls Using Panorama is to review the rules and commit the changes you have made to Panorama, device groups, and templates.
- Preview the rules.This preview enables you to visually evaluate how rules are layered for a particular rulebase.
- Select Policies and Preview Rules.
- Select a Rulebase, Device Group, and Device.
- Close the preview dialog when you finish.
- Commit and push your configuration changes.
- Select CommitCommit and Push and Edit Selections in the Push Scope.
- Select Device Groups, select the device groups you added, and Include Device and Network Templates.
- Click OK to save your changes to the Push Scope.
- Commit and Push your changes.
- Verify that Panorama applied the template and policy
- In the Panorama header, set the Context to the firewall to access its web interface.
- Review the template and policy configurations to ensure your changes are there.
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes You can perform Panorama Commit, Validation, and Preview Operations on pending changes to the Panorama configuration and then push ...
Set Up Your Centralized Configuration and Policies
Set Up Your Centralized Configuration and Policies In Use Case: Configure Firewalls Using Panorama , we would need to perform the following tasks to centrally ...
Panorama Commit Operations
Panorama Commit Operations Click Commit at the top right of the web interface and select an operation for pending changes to the Panorama configuration and ...
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management When you import a firewall configuration, Panorama automatically creates a template to contain the imported network and device settings. ...
Manage the Rule Hierarchy
Manage the Rule Hierarchy The order of policy rules is critical for the security of your network. Within any policy layer (shared, device group, or ...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Change...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Changes A commit is the process of activating pending changes to the firewall configuration. You can filter pending changes ...
Add a Device Group
Add a Device Group After adding firewalls (see Add a Firewall as a Managed Device ), you can group them into Device Groups (up to ...
Save Candidate Configurations
Save Candidate Configurations Select Config Save Changes at the top right of the firewall or Panorama web interface to save a new snapshot file of ...
Load a Partial Firewall Configuration into Panorama
Load a Partial Firewall Configuration into Panorama If some configuration settings on a firewall are common to other firewalls, you can load those specific settings ...