Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License when the Panorama
Virtual Appliance is not Internet-connected
How to activate the firewall management license when the Panorama virtual appliance is not Internet connected.
Before activating and retrieving a firewall management license on the Panorama virtual appliance, you must Register Panorama. In order to manage devices on Panorama, you will need to activate a device management license. The device management license you activate will determine the number of devices Panorama can manage. Log Collectors and WildFire appliances are not treated as managed devices and will not count toward the number of devices allotted by the device management license. If you are running an evaluation license and want to apply a license that you purchased, you must still register and activate/retrieve the purchased license.
After upgrading to PAN-OS 8.1, you will be prompted to retrieve a valid Panorama management license when you first log in to the Panorama web interface when Panorama has finished rebooting. To activate or retrieve the valid management license if the Panorama virtual appliance is offline or unable to reach the Palo Alto Networks update server, you must get the relevant appliance information for the Panorama virtual appliance and upload it to the Customer Support web site.
- (Initial Deployment only) Enter the PanoramaSerial Number.
- Selectand edit the General Settings.PanoramaSetupManagement
- Enter the PanoramaSerial Number(included in the order fulfillment email) and clickOK.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommityour changes.
- Upload the Panorama virtual appliance information to the Customer Support website.
- On the Retrieve Management License dialogue, click theherelink to gather the UUID, CPUID, Panorama Version and Virtual Platform information. ClickDownload Linkto download a CSV file of the required Panorama information that can be uploaded to the Customer Support Portal.On initial deployment, may need to log out and back in to the web interface to see the dialogue.
- Log in to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support web site.
- ClickGet Supportin the upper right-hand corner.
- Select, find your Panorama virtual appliance and in the Action column, click the edit icon ( ).AssetsDevices
- SelectIs the Panorama Offline?and enter the Panorama information gathered in Step 2, or clickSelect files...to upload the downloaded CSV file.
- Agree and Submitthe EULA.
- Install the device management license.
- In the Actions column, download the device management license.
- In the Panorama web interface, clickandPanoramaLicensesManually upload license key.
- ClickChoose file, locate the downloaded device management license key and clickOK.
- Confirm that the device management license was successfully uploaded by verify that the Device Management License displays with the license information.