Configure TACACS+ Authentication for Panorama Administrators
You can use a TACACS+ server to authenticate administrative access to the Panorama web interface. You can also define Vendor-Specific Attributes (VSAs) on the TACACS+ server to manage administrator authorization. Using VSAs enables you to quickly change the roles, access domains, and user groups of administrators through your directory service, which is often easier than reconfiguring settings on Panorama.
- Add a TACACS+ server profile.The profile defines how Panorama connects to the TACACS+ server.
- SelectandPanoramaServer ProfilesTACACS+Adda profile.
- Enter aProfile Nameto identify the server profile.
- Enter aTimeoutinterval in seconds after which an authentication request times out (default is 3; range is 1–20).
- Select theAuthentication Protocol(default isCHAP) that Panorama uses to authenticate to the TACACS+ server.SelectCHAPif the TACACS+ server supports that protocol; it is more secure thanPAP.
- Addeach TACACS+ server and enter the following:
- Nameto identify the server
- TACACS+ ServerIP address or FQDN
- Secret/Confirm Secret(a key to encrypt usernames and passwords)
- ServerPortfor authentication requests (default is 49)
- ClickOKto save the server profile.
- Assign the TACACS+ server profile to an authentication profile.The authentication profile defines authentication settings that are common to a set of administrators.
- SelectandPanoramaAuthentication ProfileAdda profile.
- Enter aNameto identify the profile.
- Set theTypetoTACACS+.
- Select theServer Profileyou configured.
- SelectRetrieve user group from TACACS+to collect user group information from VSAs defined on the TACACS+ server.Panorama matches the group information against the groups you specify in the Allow List of the authentication profile.
- SelectAdvancedand, in the Allow List,Addthe administrators that are allowed to authenticate with this authentication profile.
- ClickOKto save the authentication profile.
- Configure Panorama to use the authentication profile for all administrators.
- Selectand edit the Authentication Settings.PanoramaSetupManagement
- Select theAuthentication Profileyou configured and clickOK.
- Commit your changes.SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommityour changes.
- Configure the TACACS+ server to authenticate and authorize administrators.Refer to your TACACS+ server documentation for the specific instructions to perform these steps:
- Add the Panorama IP address or hostname as the TACACS+ client.
- Add the administrator accounts.
- Define TACACS+ VSAs for the role, access domain, and user group of each administrator.
- Verify that the TACACS+ server performs authentication and authorization for administrators.
- Log in the Panorama web interface using an administrator account that you added to the TACACS+ server.
- Verify that you can access only the web interface pages that are allowed for the role you associated with the administrator.
- In theMonitor,Policies, andObjectstabs, verify that you can access only the virtual systems that are allowed for the access domain you associated with the administrator.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.