Compare Changes in Panorama Configurations
To compare configuration changes on Panorama, you can select any two sets of configuration files: the candidate configuration, the running configuration, or any other configuration version that has been previously saved or committed on Panorama. The side-by-side comparison enables you to:
- Preview the configuration changes before committing them to Panorama. You can, for example, preview the changes between the candidate configuration and the running configuration. As a best practice, select the older version on the left pane and the newer version on the right pane, to easily compare and identify modifications.
- Perform aconfiguration auditto review and compare the changes between two sets of configuration files.
- Compare changes in Panorama configurations.
- Select.PanoramaConfig Audit
- In each drop-down, select a configuration for the comparison.
- Select the number of lines that you want to include forContextand clickGo.Panorama uses color shading to highlight items you added (green), modified (yellow), or deleted (red).
- Configure the number of versions Panorama stores for configuration audits.
- Selectand edit the Logging and Reporting Settings.PanoramaSetupManagement
- Enter theNumber of Versions for Config Audit(range is 1–1,048,576; default is 100).
- ClickOKto save your changes.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommityour changes.
- View and compare Panorama configuration files before committing.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaPreview Changes.
- Select the number ofLines of Contextyou want to see, and clickOK.
Device > Config Audit
Device > Config Audit Select Device Config Audit to see the differences between configuration files. The page displays the configurations side by side in separate ...
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes You can perform Panorama Commit, Validation, and Preview Operations on pending changes to the Panorama configuration and then push ...
Panorama Commit Operations
Panorama Commit Operations Click Commit at the top right of the web interface and select an operation for pending changes to the Panorama configuration and ...
Save Candidate Configurations
Save Candidate Configurations Select Config Save Changes at the top right of the firewall or Panorama web interface to save a new snapshot file of ...
Revert Changes Select Config Revert Changes at the top right of the firewall or Panorama web interface to undo changes made to the candidate configuration ...
Audit Comment Archive
View the audit comment, configuration logs, and rule change history for a selected policy rule. ...
Commit Changes Click Commit at the top right of the web interface and specify an operation for pending changes to the firewall configuration: commit (activate), ...
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management When you import a firewall configuration, Panorama automatically creates a template to contain the imported network and device settings. ...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Change...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Changes A commit is the process of activating pending changes to the firewall configuration. You can filter pending changes ...