Compare Changes in Panorama Configurations
To compare configuration changes on Panorama, you can select any two sets of configuration files: the candidate configuration, the running configuration, or any other configuration version that has been previously saved or committed on Panorama. The side-by-side comparison enables you to:
- Preview the configuration changes before committing them to Panorama. You can, for example, preview the changes between the candidate configuration and the running configuration. As a best practice, select the older version on the left pane and the newer version on the right pane, to easily compare and identify modifications.
- Perform a configuration audit to review and compare the changes between two sets of configuration files.
- Compare changes in Panorama configurations.
- Select PanoramaConfig Audit.
- In each drop-down, select a configuration for the comparison.
- Select the number of lines that you want to include
for Context and click Go.Panorama uses color shading to highlight items you added (green), modified (yellow), or deleted (red).
- Configure the number of versions Panorama stores for
- Select PanoramaSetupManagement and edit the Logging and Reporting Settings.
- Enter the Number of Versions for Config Audit (range is 1–1,048,576; default is 100).
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Select CommitCommit to Panorama and Commit your changes.
- View and compare Panorama configuration files before
- Select CommitCommit to Panorama and Preview Changes.
- Select the number of Lines of Context you want to see, and click OK.
Device > Config Audit
Device > Config Audit Select Device Config Audit to see the differences between configuration files. The page displays the configurations side by side in separate ...
Panorama Commit Operations
Panorama Commit Operations Click Commit at the top right of the web interface and select an operation for pending changes to the Panorama configuration and ...
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes
Preview, Validate, or Commit Configuration Changes You can perform Panorama Commit, Validation, and Preview Operations on pending changes to the Panorama configuration and then push ...
Audit Comment Archive
View the audit comment, configuration logs, and rule change history for a selected policy rule. ...
Save Candidate Configurations
Save Candidate Configurations Select Config Save Changes at the top right of the firewall or Panorama web interface to save a new snapshot file of ...
Revert Changes Select Config Revert Changes at the top right of the firewall or Panorama web interface to undo changes made to the candidate configuration ...
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management
Migrate a Firewall to Panorama Management When you import a firewall configuration, Panorama automatically creates a template to contain the imported network and device settings. ...
Commit Changes Click Commit at the top right of the web interface and specify an operation for pending changes to the firewall configuration: commit (activate), ...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Change...
Commit, Validate, and Preview Firewall Configuration Changes A commit is the process of activating pending changes to the firewall configuration. You can filter pending changes ...