Upgrade a Cluster Centrally on Panorama without an Internet
WildFire appliances in a cluster can be upgraded in parallel when they are managed by Panorama. If Panorama does not have a direct connection to the internet, you must download the software content and updates from the Palo Alto Networks Support site and host them on an internal server before they can be distributed by Panorama.
Panorama can only manage WildFire appliances and appliance clusters operating the same software version or a later software version.
- Upgrade Panorama to an equal or later release than the target software release you want to install on the WildFire cluster.
- Temporarily suspend sample analysis.
- Stop firewalls from forwarding any new samples to the WildFire appliance.
- Log in to the firewall web interface.
- SelectDevice > Setup > WildFireand editGeneral Settings.
- Clear theWildFire Private Cloudfield.
- Confirm that analysis for samples the firewalls already submitted to the appliance is complete:
If you do not want to wait for the WildFire appliance to finish analyzing recently-submitted samples, you can continue to the next step. However, consider that the WildFire appliance then drops pending samples from the analysis queue.
- Log in to the Panorama web interface.
- SelectPanorama > Managed WildFire ClustersandViewthe cluster analysis environmentUtilization.
- Verify that theVirtual Machine Usagedoes not show any sample analysis in progress.
- Download the WildFire content and software updates to a host that has internet access. Panorama must have access to the host.
- Use a host with internet access to log in to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support web site
- Download content updates:
- ClickDynamic Updatesin the Tools section.
- Downloadthe desired content update and save the file to the host. Perform this step for each content type you will update.
- Download software updates:
- Return to the main page of the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support web site and clickSoftware Updatesin the Tools section.
- Review the Download column to determine the version to install. The filename of the update package indicates the model and release of the upgrade: WildFire_<release>.
- Click the filename and save the file to the host.
- Install the latest WildFire appliance content update.These updates equip the appliance with the latest threat information to accurately detect malware.
- Download the WildFire content update:
- SelectPanorama > Device Deployment > Dynamic Updates.
- ClickUpload, select the contentType,Browseto the WildFire content update file, and clickOK.
- ClickInstall From File, select the packageType, theFile Name, and the WildFire appliances in the cluster that you want to upgrade, then clickOK.
- ClickOKto start the installation.
- Download the PAN-OS software version to the WildFire appliance.You cannot skip any major release version when upgrading the WildFire appliance. For example, if you want to upgrade from PAN-OS 6.1 to PAN-OS 7.1, you must first download and install PAN-OS 7.0.
- Download the WildFire software upgrade:
- SelectPanorama > Device Deployment > Software.
- ClickCheck Nowto retrieve an updated list of releases.
- Select the WildFire release that you wish to install and clickDownload.
- ClickCloseto exit theDownload Softwarewindow
- Select the WildFire cluster(s) that you want to upgrade.
- Select an install mode:
- (8.0.2 and later)Select Reboot device after install.
- (8.0.1 and later) SelectUpload only.
- ClickOKto start the installation.
- (Optional) Monitor installation progress on Panorama.
- (8.0.1 only) After the upgrade package finishes uploading, install the upgrade on each node:
- admin@WF-500 (passive-controller)>request system software install version 8.0.2
- Confirm that the upgrade is complete. Run the following command and look for the job typeInstalland statusFIN:admin@WF-500(passive-controller)>show jobs allEnqueued Dequeued ID Type Status Result Completed ---------------------------------------------------- 14:53:15 14:53:15 5 Install FIN OK 14:53:19
- Gracefully restart the appliance:admin@WF-500(passive-controller)>request cluster reboot-local-nodeThe upgrade process could take 10 minutes or over an hour, depending on the number of samples stored on the WildFire appliance.
- Repeat step 7 for each WildFire worker node in the cluster.
- (Optional) View the status of the reboot tasks on the WildFire controller node.On the WildFire cluster controller, run the following command and look for the job typeInstalland StatusFIN:admin@WF-500(active-controller)>show cluster task pending
- Check that the WildFire appliance is ready to resume sample analysis.
- Verify that the sw-version field shows 8.0.1:admin@WF-500(passive-controller)>show system info | match sw-version
- Confirm that all processes are running:admin@WF-500(passive-controller)>show system software status
- Confirm that the auto-commit (AutoCom) job is complete:admin@WF-500(passive-controller)>show jobs all
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.