Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on Azure
Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on Microsoft Azure.
After you Install Panorama on Azure, add virtual logging disks to the Panorama™ virtual appliance instance to provide storage for logs generated by managed firewalls. You can add virtual disks to a local log Collector for a Panorama virtual appliance in Panorama mode or for a Dedicated Log Collector. To add virtual disks, you must have access to the Microsoft Azure portal, the Panorama command-line interface (CLI), and the Panorama web interface.
The Panorama virtual appliance on Azure supports only 2TB logging disks and, in total, supports up to 24TB of log storage. You cannot add a logging disk smaller than 2TB or a logging disk of a size that is not evenly divisible by 2TB because the Panorama virtual appliance partition logging disks in to 2TB partitions. For example, if you attach a 4TB logging disk, Panorama will create two 2TB partitions. However, you cannot add a 5TB logging disk because the leftover 1TB is not supported as a partition.
- Log in to the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama.
- In the Azure Dashboard, select the Panorama Virtual Machines to which you want to add a logging disk.
- Select Disks.
- +Add data disk.
- In the drop-down for the new disk, Create disk.
- Configure the logging disk.
- Enter the disk Name.
- Select the Resource group. If you Create new resource groups, enter the group name.
- Verify the Account type (this field is automatically populated).
- In the Source type drop-down, select None (empty disk).
- Specify the Size (GiB) of the logging disk as 2046 GiB.
- Create and then Save the new logging disk.
- Enable each disk.The following example uses the sdc virtual disk.
- Log in to the Panorama CLI.
- Enter the following command to view the disks on the
Panorama virtual appliance:show system disk detailsThe user will see the following response:
Name : sdb State : Present Size : 2048 MB Status : Available Reason : Admin enabled Name : sdc State : Present Size : 2048 MB Status : Available Reason : Admin disabled
- Enter the following command and confirm the request
when prompted for all disks with the Reason : Admin
disabled response:request system disk add sdcThe request system disk add command is not available on a Panorama management server in Management Only mode because logging is not supported in this mode. If you do not see the command, Set up a Panorama Virtual Appliance in Panorama Mode to enable the logging disks. Once in Panorama mode, Log in to the Panorama CLI and continue to Step 4 to verify the disk addition.
- Enter the show system disk details command to verify the status of the disk addition. Continue to the next step when all newly added disk responses display Reason : Admin enabled.
- Make disks available for logging.
- Log in to the Panorama web interface.
- Edit a Log Collector (PanoramaManaged Collectors)
- Select Disks and Add each newly added disk.
- Click OK.
- Select CommitCommit and Push and Commit and Push your changes.
- (New Panorama deployments in Panorama mode only)
Configure Panorama to receive logs.If you are adding logging disks to an existing Panorama virtual appliance, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the Panorama Log Storage
capacity is increased.
- Log in to the Panorama web interface.
- Select the Collector Group to which the Panorama virtual appliance belongs (PanoramaCollector Groups).
- Verify that the Log Storage capacity accurately displays the disk capacity.
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on vCloud Air
Add virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on vCloud Air. ...
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on Hyper-V
Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on Hyper-V. ...
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on an ESXi Server
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on an ESXi Server To expand log storage capacity on the Panorama virtual appliance, you can add virtual logging ...
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on KVM
Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on KVM. ...
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on Google Cloud Platform
Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on Google™ Cloud Platform. ...
Add a Virtual Disk to Panorama on AWS
Add a virtual logging disk to Panorama™ in Panorama or Log Collector mode on Amazon Web Services (AWS). ...
Install Panorama on Azure
How to deploy a Panorama™ virtual appliance and a virtual Dedicated Log Collector on Amazon Web Services. ...
Install Panorama on Hyper-V
How to deploy a Panorama™ virtual appliance and a virtual Dedicated Log Collector on Hyper-V. ...
Setup Prerequisites for the Panorama Virtual Appliance
Minimum system requirements and instance recommendations for Panorama on AWS. ...