Prisma Access Licensing
Learn what type of licenses you need to use Prisma Access for mobile users, remote networks, and Clean Pipe instances.
The following sections describe the licensing options for Prisma Access, as well as components that are required to use the service.
Prisma Access Licenses
Prisma Access offers a licensing model that allows you to implement and use the capabilities of Prisma Access aligned to your business needs in a way that delivers the fastest return on investment. Whether your applications are migrating to the cloud, your users are working from anywhere, or if you are looking to gain operational efficiencies, Prisma Access offers the relevant type of license for your deployment.
You can choose from the following license editions:
- Business Premium
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) Secure Internet Gateway (SIG)
Your Prisma Access license edition determines the security capabilities you are allowed to use. If you use any capability in security rules or profiles that is unsupported based on your license type, Prisma Access removes those configurations and those capabilities are not enforced in your Prisma Access tenants until you update Prisma Access with a license edition that supports those capabilities. To find the capabilities included with your license, refer to the Prisma Access Licensing Guide.
All license editions are available for Local and Worldwide Prisma Access locations. When you purchase a license with Worldwide locations, you can deploy Prisma Access in all Prisma Access locations. When you purchase a license with Local locations, you can select up to 5 Prisma Access locations.
Prisma Access uses
unitsin licenses, and uses the following definitions for a unit:
- For mobile user deployments, aunitis defined as one mobile user.
- For remote network and Clean Pipe deployments, aunitis defined as 1 Mbps of bandwidth.
When a Prisma Access license expires, you can still use the service and collect logs for 15 days after license expiration. You cannot make changes to configuration. Prisma Access shuts down its instances 15 days after license expiration and completely deletes the instances and tenants 30 days after license expiration.
License Enforcement for Mobile User Network Deployments
Prisma Access uses these enforcement policies for mobile user licenses:
- Though there is no strict policing of the mobile user count, the service does track the number of unique users over the last 90 days to ensure that you have purchased the proper license tier for your user base, and stricter policing of user count may be enforced if continued overages occur.
- In addition, if you use Prisma Access for users—GlobalProtect, the GlobalProtect app is required on each supported endpoint. The GlobalProtect app is not required for Mobile Users—Explicit Proxy deployments.
Other Required Licenses
In addition to the Prisma Access licenses, in order to run the service you must also have the following licensed components:
- Panorama—You deploy and manage Prisma Access using the Cloud Services plugin for Panorama. In order to use this plugin, you must have Panorama with a valid support license. See the Palo Alto Networks Compatibility Matrix for the Panorama versions that are supported with the Cloud Services plugin. When you license the Prisma Access components, you must tie the auth code to a licensed Panorama serial number.
- Cortex Data Lake—The Prisma Access infrastructure forwards all logs to Cortex Data Lake. You can view the Prisma Access logs, ACC, and reports directly from Panorama for an aggregated view into your remote network and mobile user traffic. To enable logging for Prisma Access, you must purchase a Cortex Data Lake license.
Determine Your License Type from Panorama
Some license requirements, such as the requirements you need to enable tenants in a multi-tenant configuration, are dependent on the type of Prisma Access license you have. To determine your license type, select
and find the information in the
Licenses available after November 17, 2020 include the license
Editionand provide you with the type of
Prisma Access Locationsyou can deploy (either
Licenses available before November 17, 2020, contain the words
GlobalProtect Cloud Servicein the license areas and are divided by remote networks, mobile users, or Clean Pipe.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.