Get User and Group Information Using the Cloud Identity Engine
Use the Cloud Identity Engine to retrieve user and group information for Prisma Access.
Prisma Access retrieves user and group information from your organization’s Active Directory (AD) or cloud directory to enforce user- and group-based policy. You can simplify the retrieval of user and group information by using the Cloud Identity Engine.
In addition to simplifying user and group information retrieval, integrating the Cloud Identity Engine with Prisma Access can free up the bandwidth and load on your AD. Without Cloud Identity Engine integration, all the remote networks and mobile users nodes in your Prisma Access deployment, including nodes in a Mobile Users—GlobalProtect and Mobile Users—Explicit Proxy deployment, individually communicate with your AD using the service connection.
You can use the Cloud Identity Engine to retrieve user and group information for Prisma Access for mobile users, remote networks, or both, by completing the following steps.
The Cloud Identity Engine integration with Prisma Access has the following implementation restrictions:
- Make sure that the groups you use with Cloud Identity Engine do not have any of the following special characters, because Prisma Access does not support the use of following special characters in groups and commit operations will fail:
- " (Double quotes)
- ' (Apostrophe)
- < (less than sign)
- > (greater than sign)
- & (ampersand)
- If you associate Cloud Identity Engine with Prisma Access, your user names must use the NetBIOS format that includes the domain. You can specify usernames in email format (username@domain),NetBIOS\sAMAccountNameformat, or User Principal Name (UPN) format (email@example.com).
- Group names must be in thedistinguishedNameformat (for example,CN=Users,CN=Builtin,DC=Example,DC=com).
- Cloud Identity Engine does not apply any settings you specify in the group include list (); instead, it retrieves user and group information from your entire configuration, including groups used in all device groups and templates.DeviceUser IdentificationGroup Mapping SettingsGroup Include List
- Create a Cloud Identity Engine instance for Prisma Access, and make a note of the instance name.When you activate the Cloud Identity Engine, it creates an instance. You use the instance name when you associate the Cloud Identity Engine with Prisma Access in a later step. Optionally, if you need to create a separate instance for Prisma Access, create it and make a note of the instance name.
- Configure the Cloud Identity Engine to retrieve your directory data.
- (Deployments with on-premises Active Directory only) If you use an on-premises Active Directory, Install and configure the Cloud Identity Agent to communicate with your on-premises AD and configure mutual authentication between the Cloud Identity Engine service and the agent.
- Associate the Cloud Identity Engine with the Panorama app.
- Log in to the hub, click the gear icon to edit theSettings, thenManage Apps.
- Select the Panorama app.
- Select theCloud Identity Engineinstance you want to associate with the app and clickOK.
- Associate the Panorama that manages Prisma Access with Cloud Identity Engine in the hub.Using the Cloud Identity Engine with Prisma Access is not supported in a multi-tenant environment.
- Find the serial number of the Panorama that manages Prisma Access by selecting theDashboardand noting theSerial #that displays.
- Log in to the Palo Alto Networks hub and selectPanorama.
- Find the serial number of the Panorama that manages Prisma Access, select it, then selectAdd Directory Sync.
- ClickOKwhen complete.
- (Optional) If you need to edit an existing Cloud Identity Engine instance after you create it, selectPrisma Access - DirSync Mapping, select the Panorama’s serial number, selectEdit, and enter the following information in the window that displays:
TheRegionandSerial Numberfields populate automatically.
- Enter aNamefor the Cloud Identity Engine - Prisma Access mapping.
- Optionally, enter aDescriptionfor the mapping.
- Enable the Cloud Identity Engine on Prisma Access.
- On the Panorama that manages Prisma Access, select one of the following tabs:.
- To configure Cloud Identity Engine for Prisma Access for mobile users, selectorPanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationMobile Users—GlobalProtect, select the gear icon to edit the settings, then selectPanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationMobile Users—Explicit ProxyGroup Mapping Settings.
- To configure Cloud Identity Engine for Prisma Access for remote networks, select, select the gear icon to edit the settings, then selectPanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationRemote NetworksGroup Mapping Settings.
- SelectEnable Directory Sync Integrationto enable Cloud Identity Engine with Prisma Access.
- Enter the following information:
- Enter thePrimary Username(the logon name attribute for the user, such asuserPrincipalNameorsAMAccountName). This field is required.
- (Optional) Enter the
- (Optional) If you use alternate name attributes for the user, enter them. You can enter up to three alternate user names (Alternate User Name 1,Alternate User Name 2, andAlternate User Name 3).
- ClickOKwhen complete.
- Commit and push () your changes.CommitCommit and Push
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.