Integrate with OpenLDAP
Prisma Cloud can integrate with OpenLDAP, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
Integrating Prisma Cloud with OpenLDAP lets users access Prisma Cloud using their LDAP credentials, and lets admins define granular access control rules to Docker Engine, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes using existing LDAP identities.
With OpenLDAP integration, you can:
- Re-use the identities and groups already set up in your OpenLDAP directory.
- Extend your organization’s access control logic to the management of Docker containers.
For example, you could specify that only members of the group Dev Ops Admins can start and stop containers in the production environment. For more information, see the article for setting up role-based access control for Docker Engine.
This procedure shows you how to integrate OpenLDAP with Prisma Cloud.
- You have installed OpenLDAP 2.4.44 or later. Prisma Cloud has been tested with version 2.4.44. Integration with older versions should work as well, but is not officially supported.
- In your LDAP directory, create a service account that has admin privileges and that can run ldapsearch queries.This admin account will be used by Prisma Cloud to authenticate users in your LDAP directory. It should be able to control the entire domain, and should therefore be created under the root OU.
- Verify that the service account can query your LDAP directory.Run ldapsearch, passing it the credentials for your service account, and query your directory for a user:$ ldapsearch -x \ -b dc=example,dc=com \ -D "cn=<SA-CN>,dc=example,dc=com" \ -w <SA-PASS> "(cn=<some-user-cn>)"Where:
- Open Console, and go toManage > Authentication > LDAP.
- SetIntegrate LDAP users and groups with Prisma CloudtoEnabled.
- ForAuthentication type, selectOpenLDAP.
- ForSearch base, enter the base DN for your users and groups.
- (OPTIONAL) ForUser identifier, specify an attribute to be used to match users.For example, enter uid to match users based on their user IDs.
- ForService account UPN, enter the DN for your Prisma Cloud service account.
- ForService account password, enter the password for the Prisma Cloud service account.
- ForCA certificate, provide the CA certificate used to sign the LDAPS certificate on the server.Prisma Cloud uses the CA certificate to validate the LDAPS certificate and prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. If you are using an insecure connection or do not wish to validate the LDAPS certificate, leave this field blank.
- ClickSave.Console verifies all your parameters with the server. If a connection cannot be established, an error message is shown and no parameters are saved.
Verifying integration with OpenLDAP
Verify the integration with OpenLDAP.
- Open Console.
- If you are logged into Console, log out.
- Log in to Console using the credentials of an existing OpenLDAP user.If the log in is successful, you are directed to a view appropriate for the user’s role. Users with the User role are directed to a single page,Configure > Clients, from where they can download the certs required to access a Prisma Cloud-protected container environment.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.