Upgrade Prisma Cloud running in your Kubernetes cluster.
Since Prisma Cloud objects can be specified with configuration files, we recommend declarative object management for both install and upgrade.
- Generate new YAML configuration file for the latest version of Prisma Cloud. Pass the same options to twistcli as you did in the original install. The following example command generates a YAML configuration file for the default basic install.$ <PLATFORM>/twistcli console export kubernetes --service-type LoadBalancerIf you’re upgrading from 19.03, then you must first delete the old ReplicationController. Starting with 19.07, Prisma Cloud Console is managed by a Deployment controller.This is a one time step only. After upgrading to 19.07, you no longer need to manually delete the ReplicationContoller when upgrading to newer versions of Prisma Cloud.$ kubectl delete rc twistlock-console -n twistlockUpdate the Prisma Cloud objects.$ kubectl apply -f twistlock_console.yamlYou can now upgrade your Defender DaemonSet.Upgrade Defender DaemonSets with twistcliDelete the Defender DaemonSet, then rerun the original install procedure.Prerequisites:You know all the parameters passed to twistcli when you initially deployed the Defender DaemonSet. You’ll need them to recreate a working configuration file for your environment.
- Delete the Defender DaemonSet.$ kubectl -n twistlock delete ds twistlock-defender-ds $ kubectl -n twistlock delete sa twistlock-service $ kubectl -n twistlock delete secret twistlock-secretsDetermine the Console service’s external IP address.$ kubectl get service -o wide -n twistlockThe following command connects to Console’s API (specified in --address) as user <ADMIN> (specified in --user), and retrieves a Defender DaemonSet YAML config file according to the configuration options passed to twistcli. In this command, there is just a single mandatory configuration option. The --cluster_address option specifies the address Defender uses to connect to Console, and the value is encoded in the DaemonSet YAML file.$ <PLATFORM>/twistcli defender export kubernetes \ --address https://yourconsole.example.com:8083 \ --user <ADMIN_USER> \ --cluster-address twistlock-console
Deploy the Defender DaemonSet.$ kubectl create -f defender.yamlIn Prisma Cloud, go toManage > Defenders > Manage > DaemonSetsto see a list of deployed Defenders.Upgrade Defender DaemonSets from ConsoleUpgrade the DaemonSet Defenders directly from the Console UI.If you can’t access your cluster with kubectl, then you can upgrade Defender DaemonSets directly from the Console UI.Prerequisites:You’ve created a kubeconfig credential for your cluster so that Prisma Cloud can access it to upgrade the Defender DaemonSet.
- <PLATFORM> can be linux or osx.
- <ADMIN_USER> is the name of an admin user.
- Log into Prisma Cloud Console.
- Go toManage > Defenders > Manage.
- For each cluster in the table, clickActions > Upgrade.The table shows a count of deployed Defenders and their new version number.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.