Scan the IBM Cloud Container Registry
To scan a repository on IBM Cloud Container Registry, create a new registry scan setting.
Prerequisites:You have installed a Defender somewhere in your environment.
- Open Console
- Set up credentials so that Prisma Cloud can access the images in your registry.
- Go toManage > Authentication > Credentials Store.
- ClickAdd credential.
- Enter a name.
- InType, selectIBM Cloud.
- InAccount GUID, enter the GUID for your IBM Cloud account. See the IBM Cloud Docs to learn how to get the GUID of an account
- InAPI Key, enter your API key. See the IBM Cloud Docs to learn how to create a service ID for Prisma Cloud, and then create an API key for the service ID.
- Go toDefend > Vulnerabilities > Registry.
- ClickAdd registry.
- In the dialog, enter the following information:
- From theVersiondrop-down list, selectIBM Cloud Container Registry.
- InRegistry, enter the registry address for your region.For example, if you use the us-south registry, enterregistry.ng.bluemix.net.
- InNamespace, enter the namespace for your image.For images in private registries, this field is mandatory. For images in IBM’s public registry, leave this field blank. Wildcards are not supported for this field.IBM provides namespaces to help you organize your registries. Namespaces are appended to the registry URL as follows:registry.<REGION>.bluemix.net/<NAMESPACE>
- InRepository name, specify the repository to scan.If you leave this field blank or enter a wildcard, Prisma Cloud finds and scans all repositories in the registry.If you specify a partial string that ends with a wildcard, Prisma Cloud finds and scans all repositories that start with the partial string.If you specify an exact match, Prisma Cloud scans just the specified repository.
- InTag, enter an image tag.If you leave this field blank or enter a wildcard, Prisma Cloud finds and scans all images in the repository.If you specify a partial string that ends with a wildcard, Prisma Cloud finds and scans all images that match the partial tag.If you specify an exact match, Prisma Cloud scans just the specified image with specified tag.
- InCredential, select the credential you just created.
- InOS type, specify whether the repo holdsLinuxorWindowsimages.
- InScanner, selectAutomatic.Console automatically selects an available Defender to execute the scan job. Alternatively, you can explicitly select a Defender from the drop-down list. Defenders are listed according to the hosts where they run. For more information, see deployment patterns.
- InNumber of scanners, enter the number of Defenders across which scan jobs can be distributed.
- Capthe number of images to scan.Specify the maximum number of images to scan in the given repository, sorted according to last modified date. To scan all images in a repository, setCapto 0. For a complete explanation ofCap, see the table in registry scan settings.
- Click the yellow save button.
- Verify that the images in the repository are being scanned.
- Go toMonitor > Vulnerabilities > Registry.A progress bar shows the status of the current scan. As the scan of each image is completed, its findings are added to the results table.
- To get details about the vulnerabilities in an image, click on it.To force a specific repository to be scanned again, select it from the drop-down menu on the top right of the results table, then click theScanbutton.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.