Prisma Cloud can send email alerts when your policies are violated. Audits in
Monitor > Eventsare the result of a policy violation. Prisma Cloud can be configured to notify the appropriate party by email when an entire policy, or even specific rules, are violated.
Configuring alert frequency
You can configure the rate at which alerts are emitted. This is a global setting that controls the spamminess of the alert service. Alerts received during the specified period are aggregated into a single alert. For each alert profile, an alert is sent as soon as the first matching event is received. All subsequent alerts are sent once per period.
- Open Console, and go toManage > Alerts.
- InAggregate audits every, specify the maximum rate that alerts should be sent.You can specifySecond,Minute,Hour,Day.
Sending email alerts
Alert profiles specify which events should trigger the alert machinery, and to which channel alerts are sent. You can send alerts to any combination of channels by creating multiple alert profiles.
Alert profiles consist of two parts:
(1) Alert settings — Who should get the alerts, and on what channel?Configure Prisma Cloud to integrate with your messaging service and specify the people or places where alerts should be sent. For example, configure the email channel and specify a list of all the email addresses where alerts should be sent. Or for JIRA, configure the project where the issue should be created, a long with the type of issue, priority, assignee, and so on.
(2) Alert triggers — Which events should trigger an alert to be sent?Specify which of the rules that make up your overall policy should trigger alerts.
If you use multi-factor authentication, you must create an exception or app-specific password to allow Console to authenticate to the service.
Create new alert profile
Create a new alert profile.
- InManage > Alerts, clickAdd profile.
- Enter a name for your alert profile.
- InProvider, select
Configure the channel
Configure the channel.
- InSMTP address, specify the hostname for your outgoing email server.
- InPort, specify the port for email submissions.
- InCredential, create the credentials required to access the email account that sends alerts. This isn’t a required field.
- ClickAdd new.
- SelectBasic authentication.
- Enter a username and password.
- If you’re using SMTPS (your SMTP connection is secured by SSL), setSSLtoOn.
- Set up your recipients.
- ClickAdd recipient, and enter an email address. Every email alert profile must have at least one recipient, even if you’re using alert labels.
- (Optional) Specify recipients using alert labels.
- ClickSend Test Alertto test the connection to your SMTP server.
Configure the triggers
Configure how the alert is triggered.
- UnderAlert Types, check the boxes types of events that should trigger an alert.
- For additional configuration options, clickEdit.
- To specify specific rules that should trigger an alert, deselectAll rules, and then select any individual rules.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.