ServiceNow is a workflow management platform. It offers a number of security operations applications. You can configure Prisma Cloud to route alerts to ServiceNow’s Security Incident Response application.
Prisma Cloud audits are mapped to a ServiceNow security incident as follows:
- Audits and incidents are mapped to individual ServiceNow security incidents.
- Vulnerabilities are aggregated by resource (currently image) and mapped to individual ServiceNow security incidents. ServiceNow short description field lists the resource. ServiceNow description field lists the details of each finding.
- Compliance issues are aggregated by resource (image/container/host) and mapped to individual ServiceNow security incidents. ServiceNow short description field lists the resource. ServiceNow description field lists the details of each finding.
Compliance alerts will be sent to ServiceNow in real time (right after compliance scan), unlike the other alert providers which send compliance alerts every 24 hours.
Compliance alerts will be sent if the resource is new, or if there’s a difference in the number of compliance issues for this resource after its scan. All the compliance issues of the resource will be sent (not only the new ones).
ServiceNow security incident
Prisma Cloud audit data
The current state of the security incident. Upon security incident creation, this field defaults to Draft.
Draft (automatically set by ServiceNow)
Select the order in which to address this security incident, based on the urgency. If this value is changed after the record is saved, it can affect the Business impact calculation.
Vulnerabilities: Max severity from the image’s new vulnerabilities. ServiceNow’s priorities map one-to-one to Prisma Cloud severities (Critical - Critical, High - High, Medium - Medium, Low - Low).
Compliance: Max severity from the image/container/host’s compliance issues. ServiceNow’s priorities map one-to-one to Prisma Cloud severities (Critical - Critical, High - High, Medium - Medium, Low - Low).
Incidents and audits: runtime audits priority set in the alert profile.
Select the importance of this security incident to your business. The default value is Non-critical. If, after the security incident record has been saved, you change the value in the Priority and/or Risk fields, the Business impact is recalculated.
Automatically calculated by ServiceNow
The group to which this security incident is assigned.
Assignment group set in the alert profile
The individual assigned to analyze this security incident.
Assignee set in the alert profile
A brief description of the security incident.
Vulnerabilities: Prisma Cloud Compute vulnerabilities for image <image name>
Compliance: Prisma Cloud Compute compliance issues for image/container/host <image/container/host name>
Incidents and audits: Prisma Cloud Compute Audit - <audit type> - <message>
Set to "None"
Set to "None"
Incidents and audits:
Note that the
Projectfield will specify
Central Consoleeven when projects aren’t enabled.
Note that the
Collectionsfield will exist only for the following runtime audits: Admission Audits, Docker Audits, App Embedded Audits, Host Activities, Host Log Inspection, WAAS audits, Incidents, Defender Disconnected.
Configuring alert frequency
You can configure the rate at which alerts are emitted. This is a global setting that controls the spamminess of the alert service. Alerts received during the specified period are aggregated into a single alert. For each alert profile, an alert is sent as soon as the first matching event is received. All subsequent alerts are sent once per period.
- Open Console, and go toManage > Alerts.
- InAggregate audits every, specify the maximum rate that alerts should be sent.You can specifySecond,Minute,Hour,Day.
Sending findings to ServiceNow
Alert profiles specify which events trigger the alert machinery, and to which channel alerts are sent. You can send alerts to any combination of channels by creating multiple alert profiles.
Alert profiles consist of two parts:
(1) Alert settings — Who should get the alerts, and on what channel?Configure Prisma Cloud to integrate with ServiceNow and specify the people or places where alerts should be sent. You can specify assignees and assignment groups.
(2) Alert triggers — Which events should trigger an alert to be sent?Specify which of the rules that make up your overall policy should trigger alerts.
Create new alert profile
Create a new alert profile.
- InManage > Alerts, clickAdd profile.
- Enter a name for your alert profile.
- InProvider, selectServiceNow.
Configure the channel
Configure Prisma Cloud to send alerts to ServiceNow, then validate the setup by sending a test alert.
Prerequisites:You’ve created a service account in ServiceNow with a base role of web_service_admin.
- InApplication, selectSecurity Incident Response.
- InURL, specify the base URL of your ServiceNow tenant.
- InCredential, clickAdd New.
- InType, selectBasic authentication.This is currently the only auth method supported.
- Enter a username and password.
- (Optional) InAssignee, enter the name of a user in ServiceNow that will be assigned the security incident.This value isn’t case sensitive.
- (Mandatory) InAssignment Group, enter the name of a group in ServiceNow that will be assigned the security incident. The default value isSecurity Incident Assignment.IfAssignment Groupis set without speciyingAssignee, the first user from the group is set on the security incident (ServiceNow’s logic).If theAssigneeset in the profile isn’t a part of theAssignment Group, the security incident won’t be created (ServiceNow’s logic).
- (Optional) InCA certificate, enter a CA certificate in PEM format. Relevant only for on-premises deployments of ServiceNow.
- ClickSend Test Alert. If everything looks good, and you get an alert in ServiceNow, save the profile.
Configure the triggers
Configure how the alert is triggered.
- UnderAlert Types, check the boxes types of events that should trigger an alert.
- For additional configuration options, clickEdit.
- To specify specific rules that should trigger an alert, deselectAll rules, and then select any individual rules.