Prisma Cloud lets you send alerts to Slack channels and users.
To integrate Prisma Cloud with Slack, you must enable incoming webhooks. Prisma Cloud uses incoming webhooks to post messages to Slack.
- Log into the page where you manage apps for your Slack workspace.
- In theSearch App Directorybox, enterIncoming Webhooks, and hitReturn.
- Click on the result.
- Click the greenAdd Configurationbutton.
- Enter the channel where you want Prisma Cloud to post.
- ClickAdd Incoming Webooks Integration.
- Copy theWebhook URLand set it aside. You will use it when configuring Prisma Cloud.
Configuring alert frequency
You can configure the rate at which alerts are emitted. This is a global setting that controls the spamminess of the alert service. Alerts received during the specified period are aggregated into a single alert. For each alert profile, an alert is sent as soon as the first matching event is received. All subsequent alerts are sent once per period.
- Open Console, and go toManage > Alerts.
- InAggregate audits every, specify the maximum rate that alerts should be sent.You can specifySecond,Minute,Hour,Day.
Sending alerts to Slack
Alert profiles specify which events should trigger the alert machinery, and to which channel alerts are sent. You can send alerts to any combination of channels by creating multiple alert profiles.
Alert profiles consist of two parts:
(1) Alert settings — Who should get the alerts, and on what channel?Configure Prisma Cloud to integrate with your messaging service and specify the people or places where alerts should be sent. For example, configure the email channel and specify a list of all the email addresses where alerts should be sent. Or for JIRA, configure the project where the issue should be created, a long with the type of issue, priority, assignee, and so on.
(2) Alert triggers — Which events should trigger an alert to be sent?Specify which of the rules that make up your overall policy should trigger alerts.
If you use multi-factor authentication, you must create an exception or app-specific password to allow Console to authenticate to the service.
Create new alert profile
Create a new alert profile.
- InManage > Alerts, clickAdd profile.
- Enter a name for your alert profile.
- InProvider, selectSlack.