Serverless Defender as a Lambda layer
Prisma Cloud Serverless Defenders protect serverless functions at runtime. Currently, Prisma Cloud supports AWS Lambda functions.
Lambda layers are ZIP archives that contain libraries, custom runtimes, or other dependencies. Layers let you add reusable components to your functions, and focus deployment packages on business logic. They are extracted to the /opt directory in the function execution environment. For more information, see the AWS Lambda layers documentation.
Prisma Cloud delivers Serverless Defender as a Lambda layer. Deploy Serverless Defender to your function by wrapping the handler and setting an environment variable.
The following runtimes are supported for Serverlerss Defender as a Lambda layer:
- Node.js 12.x, 14.x
- Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8
- Ruby 2.7
Securing serverless functions
To secure an AWS Lambda function with the Serverless Defender layer:
- Download the Serverless Defender Lambda layer ZIP file.
- Upload the layer to AWS.
- Define a serverless protection runtime policy.
- Define a serverless WAAS policy.
- Add the layer to your function, update the handler, and set an environment variable. After completing this integration, Serverless Defender runs when your function is invoked.
Download the Serverless Defender layer
Download the Serverless Defender layer from Compute Console.
- Open Console, then go toManage > Defenders > Deploy.
- Choose the DNS name or IP address that Serverless Defender uses to connect to Console.
- Set the Defender type toServerless.
- Select a runtime.Prisma Cloud supports Lambda layers forNode.js,Python, andRubyonly.
- ForDeployment Type, selectLayer.
- Download the Serverless Defender layer. A ZIP file is downloaded to your host.
Upload the Serverless Defender layer to AWS
Add the layer to the AWS Lambda service as a resource available to all functions.
- In the AWS Management Console, go to the Lambda service.