Docker Registry v2
Scan Docker v2 registries, including Docker Hub.
Scan images on Docker Registry v2 (including Docker Hub)
Most vendors' registries comply with the Docker Registry version 2 API, including Docker Hub. To scan a Docker Registry v2 repository, create a new registry scan rule.
For Docker Hub repositories:
- To specify an official Docker Hub repository, enter library/, followed by the short string used to designate the repo. For example, to scan the images in the official Alpine Linux repository, enter library/alpine.
- To specify non-official repositories, enter the user name or organization name, followed by a slash, followed by the name of the repo. For example, to specify the alpine repository in onescience’s account, enter onescience/alpine.
- To scan all repos from a user or organization, simply enter the user or organization name, followed by a wildcard (*). For example, to scan all repos created by onescience, enter onescience*.
Prerequisites:You have installed a Defender somewhere in your environment.
- Open Console, and then go toDefend > Vulnerabilities > Registry.
- ClickAdd registry settings.
- In the dialog, enter the following information:
- In theVersiondrop-down list, selectDocker Registry v2.
- Leave theRegistryfield blank. An empty field specifies Docker Hub (hub.docker.com).
- InRepository name, enter the name of the repo to scan. For example, enterlibrary/alpineto scan the official Alpine image. If the repo is part of an organization, use the organization/repository format. For example,bitnami/nginx.
- InCredential, select the credentials to use.If you are scanning a public repository, leave this field blank.If you are scanning a private repository, and Console doesn’t have your credentials yet, clickAdd New. Select eitherBasic authenticationorCertificate-based authentication, and fill out the rest of the fields. For certificate-based authentication, provide a client certificate with private key, and an optional CA certificate.
- InOS type, specify whether the repo holdsLinuxorWindowsimages.
- InScanners scope, specify the collections of defenders to use for the scan.Console selects the available Defenders from the scope to execute the scan job according to theNumber of scannerssetting. For more information, see deployment patterns.
- InNumber of scanners, enter the number of Defenders across which scan jobs can be distributed.