VMware Tanzu blobstore scanning
Prisma Cloud for TAS can scan the droplets in your blobstores for vulnerabilities. Prisma Cloud can be configured to scan your blobstores periodically. Defenders are the entities that perform the scanning.
When you install Tanzu Application Service (TAS) Defender in your environment, it automatically scans the running apps and hosts in your environment without any special configuration required.
Tanzu stores large binary files in blobstores. Blobstores are roughly equivalent to registries. One type of file stored in the blobstore is the droplet.
Droplets are archives that contain ready to run applications. They are roughly equivalent to container images. Droplets contain the OS stack, a buildpack (which contains the languages, libraries, and services used by the app), and custom app code. Before running an app on your infrastructure, the Cloud Controller stages it for delivery by combining the OS stack, buildpack, and source code into a droplet, then storing the droplet in a blobstore.
Configure Prisma Cloud to scan a blobstore
Prisma Cloud can scan both internal and external blobstores, and blobstores configured to use the Fog Ruby gem or WebDAV protocol.
Prequisite:You’ve already installed TAS Defender in your environment.
- Log into Prisma Cloud Console.
- Go toDefend > Vulnerabilities > VMware Tanzu blobstore.
- ClickAdd blobstore.
- InBlobstore location, select if scanning is Local or Remote.Prisma Cloud allows you to scan a blobstore by a Defender within the same TAS environment, or to scan it by a Defender in a remote TAS environment. If the Defender (the Scanner) runs in the same TAS environment as the blobstore, selectLocal. If you want a Defender to scan a blobstore in a differnet TAS environment, selectRemote.
- InBlobstore’s cloud controller, specify the cloud controller address of the blobstore you want to scan.
- (Optional) InFoundation, specify the foundation of the blobstore to scan. The foundation name will then be added as a label to the droplets scanned on this blobstore, which allows you to use it as a criteria for Collections.
- InCredentials, enter the credentials required to access the remote blobstore. If the credentials have already been created in the Prisma Cloud credential store, select it. If not, clickAddto create new credentials.The user role of the credentials you use should be one of the following: Admin, Admin Read-Only, Global Auditor, Org Manager, Space Auditor, Space Developer, or Space Manager. For non-admin users, the cloud_controller.read scope is also required.
- (Optional) InCA certificate, enter a CA certificate in PEM format.
- InScanner’s cloud controlles, specify the cloud controller address of the TAS environment where the scanning Defender is located.