Integrate Prisma Cloud with Jira
Learn how to integrate Prisma™ Cloud with Jira and receive Prisma Cloud alerts in your Jira accounts.
Integrate Prisma™ Cloud with Jira and receive Prisma Cloud alert notifications in your Jira accounts. With this integration, you can automate the process of generating Jira tickets with your existing security workflow.
To set up this integration, you need to coordinate with your Jira administrator and gather the inputs needed to enable communication between Prisma Cloud and Jira.
This integration supports Jira Cloud and Jira On-Premises versions , and is qualified with the most recent GA versions of Jira.
Configure Prisma Cloud in your Jira account
- Login to Jira as a Jira Administrator.
- LocateApplication Links.For Jira Cloud, select.Jira SettingsProductsApplication LinksFor Jira On-Premises, select.SettingsApplicationsApplication Links
- Enter the URL for your instance of Prisma Cloud inConfigure Application LinksandCreate new link.
- Disregard the message inConfigure Application URLandContinue.
- Enter theApplication Nameand set theApplication TypetoGeneric Application.
- Create incoming LinkandContinue.
- OnLink Applications, specify aConsumer Keyand aConsumer Name. Save theConsumer Keybecause you will need this value when you enter the information in Prisma Cloud.
- Copy thePublic Keyshown below andContinue.MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAnYoXB+BZ555jUIFyN+0b3g7haTchsyeWwDcUrTcebbDN1jy5zjZ/vp31//L9HzA0WCFtmgj5hhaFcMl1bCFY93oiobsiWsJmMLgDyYBghpManIQ73TEHDIAsV49r2TLtX01iRWSW65CefBHD6b/1rvrhxVDDKjfxgCMLojHBPb7nLqXMxOKrY8s1yCLXyzoFGTN6ankFgyJ0BQh+SMj/hyB59LPVin0bf415ME1FpCJ3yow258sOT7TAJ00ejyyhC3igh+nVQXP+1V0ztpnpfoXUypA7UKvdI0Qf1ZsviyHNwiNg7xgYc+H64cBmAgfcfDNzXyPmJZkM7cGC2y4ukQIDAQABPrisma Cloud is listed in your Jira account after successful creation.
Setup Jira Integration on Prisma Cloud
- Login to Prisma Cloud.
- ClickAdd Integration.
- Specify a meaningfulIntegration Nameand, optionally, add aDescription.
- Enter theJIRA Login URL.Make sure the URL starts with https and does not have a trailing slash (‘/’) at the end.
- Enter the Consumer Key that you created when you created the Prisma Cloud application in Jira and clickNext.
- Click the secret key URL link to retrieve your secret key.The URL with the verification code is valid for only 10 minutes.
- When redirected to theWelcome to JIRApage,AllowPrisma Cloud read and write access to data in your Jira account.
- Copy the verification code displayed on the page, paste it as theSecret Key, and clickCreate Token.
- After you see the Token generated! message, clickNext.
- Check theSummaryand clickTest.
- After you see the Integration test with JIRA was successful. message, clickSave.The integration will be listed on the Integrations page.
Setup Notification Templates
- Login to Prisma Cloud.
- SelectandAlertsNotification TemplatesAdd Notification Template
- Select the Jira Notification template from the list.
- Enter aTemplate Nameand select yourIntegration.Use descriptive names to easily identify the notification templates.The total length of the template name can be up to 99 characters and should not include special ASCII characters: (‘<’, ‘>’, ‘!’, ‘=’, ‘\n’, ‘\r’).
- Select yourProject.
Jira state transition is not possible for configured stateSelect yourIssue Type.Optionally, you can use toggle to set theResolvedalert state toEnabledand clickNext.ToConfigure Open Statefor alerts in Jira:
- Select the project where you want to see the Prisma Cloud alerts. Because every alert translates to a Jira ticket, as a best practice, create and use a dedicated project for Prisma Cloud ticketing and issue management.
- If you wish to enable bothOpenandResolvedalert notification states on Prisma Cloud, make sure your Jira workflow for the configured project is set up to handle the transition of(re-open) states, or else the following error occurs:OpenResolvedOpen
If you haveEnabledtheResolvedalert state, then repeat the steps from 8.1 through 8.4 toConfigure Resolved Statefor alerts in Jira.ClickNextto go toReview Status.Check theReview Statussummary and clickTest Template.After you receive the Notification template tested successfully message, clickSave Template.You can delete or edit the Jira notification inNotification Templates.After you set up the integration successfully, you can use the Get Status link into periodically check the integration status.SettingsIntegrationsCreate an Alert Rule for Run-Time Checks or modify an existing rule to send alerts to Jira.
- Select theJira Fieldsthat you would like to populate.The Jira fields that are defined as mandatory in your project are already selected and included in the alert.
- Select the JiraState.
- Select information that goes in toSummaryandDescriptionfrom the alert payload.
- Select theReporterfor your alert from users listed in your Jira project.This option is available only if the administrator who set up this integration has the appropriate privileges to modify the reporter settings on Jira.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.