Integrate Prisma Cloud with Jira
Learn how to integrate Prisma™ Cloud with Jira and receive Prisma Cloud alerts in your Jira accounts.
Integrate Prisma™ Cloud with Jira and receive Prisma Cloud alert notifications in your Jira accounts. With this integration, you can automate the process of generating Jira tickets with your existing security workflow.
To set up this integration, you need to coordinate with your Jira administrator and gather the inputs needed to enable communication between Prisma Cloud and Jira.
This integration supports Jira Cloud and Jira On-Premises versions, and is qualified with the most recent GA versions of Jira.
- Configure Prisma Cloud in your Jira account.
- Login to Jira as a Jira Administrator.
- LocateApplication Links.For Jira Cloud, select.Jira SettingsProductsApplication LinksFor Jira On-Premises, select.SettingsApplicationsApplication Links
- Enter the URL for your instance of Prisma Cloud inConfigure Application LinksandCreate new link.
- Disregard the message inConfigure Application URLandContinue.
- Enter theApplication Nameand set theApplication TypetoGeneric Application.
- Create incoming LinkandContinue.
- OnLink Applications, specify aConsumer Keyand aConsumer Name. Save theConsumer Keybecause you will need this value when you enter the information in Prisma Cloud.
- Copy thePublic Keyshown below andContinue.MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAnYoXB+BZ555jUIFyN+0b3g7haTchsyeWwDcUrTcebbDN1jy5zjZ/vp31//L9HzA0WCFtmgj5hhaFcMl1bCFY93oiobsiWsJmMLgDyYBghpManIQ73TEHDIAsV49r2TLtX01iRWSW65CefBHD6b/1rvrhxVDDKjfxgCMLojHBPb7nLqXMxOKrY8s1yCLXyzoFGTN6ankFgyJ0BQh+SMj/hyB59LPVin0bf415ME1FpCJ3yow258sOT7TAJ00ejyyhC3igh+nVQXP+1V0ztpnpfoXUypA7UKvdI0Qf1ZsviyHNwiNg7xgYc+H64cBmAgfcfDNzXyPmJZkM7cGC2y4ukQIDAQABPrisma Cloud is listed in your Jira account after successful creation.
- Setup Jira as one of the integration channels in Prisma Cloud.
The integration will be listed on the Integrations page.
- Login to Prisma Cloud.
- + Add Newintegration.
- Specify a meaningfulIntegration Nameand, optionally, add aDescription.
- Enter theJIRA Login URL.Make sure the URL starts with https and does not have a trailing slash (‘/’) at the end.
- Enter the Consumer Key that you created when you created the Prisma Cloud application in Jira andGenerate Token.
- After you see theToken Generatedmessage, clickNext.
- Click the secret key URL link to retrieve your secret key.The URL with the verification code is valid for only 10 minutes.
- When redirected to theWelcome to JIRApage,AllowPrisma Cloud read and write access to data in your Jira account.
- Copy the verification code displayed on the page, paste it as theSecret Key, andGenerate Token,TestandSave.
- Create Jira notification templates to configure and customize Prisma Cloud alerts.The Jira fields that are defined as mandatory in your project are displayed in the template. The types of fields in Jira (such as text, list, single select check boxes, and option type fields) are supported in Prisma Cloud. If you add any other type of fields as mandatory in Jira (such as date fields), it will fail. Do not configure any Date fields as Mandatory and define any text fields in Jira as free-form text so that alert data is displayed correctly and completely.
- Log in to Prisma Cloud.
- FromAlerts, selectNotification Templatesand+Add Newtemplate.
- Select the Jira Notification template and enter aTemplate Name.
- Select anIntegration.
- Select yourProject.Select the project where you want to see the Prisma Cloud alerts. Because every alert translates to a Jira ticket, as a best practice, create and use a dedicated project for Prisma Cloud ticketing and issue management.
- Select yourIssue Typeand clickNext.
- Select theJira Fieldsthat you would like to populate.The Jira fields that are defined as mandatory in your project are already selected and included in the alert.
- Select information that goes in toSummaryandDescriptionfrom the alert payload.
- Select theReporterfor your alert from users listed in your Jira project.This option is available only if the administrator who set up this integration has the appropriate privileges to modify the reporter settings on Jira.
- ClickNextto go to the review dialog and review your selection.
- Saveyour changes.You can delete or edit the Jira notification from the Notification Template dialog.After you set up the integration, Prisma Cloud performs periodic status checks with Jira red if the Jira Login URL is not reachable or if any request to Jira results in an HTTP 400 or 403 response.
- Create an Alert Rule for Run-Time Checks or modify an existing rule to send alerts to Jira.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.