Prisma Cloud License Types
Learn about the Prisma™ Cloud licensing options and available subscriptions.
Prisma Cloud is available as a one-, two-, or three-year subscription in the following offerings:
- Prisma Cloud Compute Edition—License includes workload protection for hosts, containers, and serverless deployments. This offers both an agentless and an agent-based approach to protect assets across the application lifecycle. Prisma Cloud Compute edition is a self-operated software solution that you deploy, manage, and update in your own environments—whether public, private, or hybrid clouds—including entirely air-gapped environments.
- Prisma Cloud Enterprise Edition—License provides several choices.
With the Enterprise Edition, you can optionally upgrade to a premium success plan that includes 24x7 access to customer success experts, custom workshops, implementation assistance, configuration and planning, and best practices guides.
- Standard—An a la carte option where you can select any combination of Prisma Cloud capabilities with a standard success plan. The Enterprise edition—delivered as a SaaS model—combines agentless, API- and agent-based approaches to deliver comprehensive host, container, serverless, IaaS, PaaS, WAAS, IAM security, network security, code security, and data security for supported environments. It is an add-on approach where you can pick and choose the security capabilities that are most important to your organizational need. The capabilities protect you from the most sophisticated threats with advanced machine learning capabilities, network security monitoring, user entity behavior analysis (UEBA) for detecting location- and activity-based anomalies, and integration with host vulnerability management tools.
- Prisma Cloud Runtime Security—Licenses for the runtime security offerings are available with VM-based metering. You can choose from the bundles for Runtime Security Foundations and Runtime Security Advanced, and can avail of the additional capabilities as add-ons.The Runtime Security Foundations includes the core capabilities of Visibility, Compliance and Governance (VC&G), Threat Detection and Agentless Security at 3 credits per VM.The Runtime Security Advanced includes the core capabilities of Visibility, Compliance and Governance (VC&G), Threat Detection and Agentless Security along with Host Security, Container Security, and IAM Security at 5 credits per VM.
Each of these offerings has a different capacity unit and unit price in Prisma Cloud Credits. The number of credits required to secure your assets can vary based on the offering and the size of your deployment. Refer to the Prisma Cloud Licensing and Editions Guide for details. Licensing is sold in increments of 100 credits and you estimate the number of units you need to monitor and protect.
License and Consumption Details
On the Prisma Cloud administrative console (
, you can easily view your active license plan, the average credit consumption trend, and details on how the average credits are being used by cloud type and each cloud account.
The page is grouped in five sections:
- License Information—The complete details on the license type, the currently active license and support plan. It also includes information on your Prisma Cloud tenant, such as the serial number and tenant ID.
- Filters—The filters enable you to narrow the information in the consumption trend graph and the table. You can choose the time range, cloud type, cloud account and account group.The zip file download is available for the standard plan only. It provides a granular breakdown of assets that are consuming credits within a module.
- Consumption Trend Graph— The graph provides the overall view of your license consumption trends for the selected time period. You can review the average usage overlaid against the Prisma Cloud credits you have purchased and the actual credit usage trends. The usage trends can help you identify bursts in usage to meet short-term needs for your business and the steady usage as you accelerate or scale back in deploying assets in your cloud adoption journey.The average usage graph presents a daily average for up to a 6-month period, and monthly averages for 6 months to last 3-year term.
- Consumption Details Table—The tabular format provides you with the average credit usage for run-time assets and build-time assets that you are monitoring with Prisma Cloud. The Build Time view displays usage information only if you have activated the Code Security subscription.If you have environments where you have deployed Prisma Cloud Defenders either on-premises or on private or public cloud platforms that are not onboarded on Prisma Cloud, such as on OpenShift or on-prem Kubernetes clusters, these are grouped asOthercloud accounts. The row labeled Other displays the average credits used towards assets deployed on cloud environments that are not onboarded on Prisma Cloud.You can also download the data that you are viewing in the table in a CSV file format. For a time period of 180 days, you can download daily usage information. To hide/show columns and reset the default view, use the column picker above the table.
Behavior on License Expiry
If your active Prisma Cloud license expires, you cannot log in to the Prisma Cloud administrative console until you renew the license.
If the license is not renewed within the 90-day grace period after expiry, after 90 days, your Prisma Cloud tenant is deleted. The data and any history for the monitored accounts cannot be recovered.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.