Generate Reports on Prisma Cloud Alerts
Generate reports on open alerts on Prisma Cloud.
You can generate two types of reports on alerts—Cloud Security Assessment report and Business Unit report. These reports enable you to inform your stakeholders on the status of the cloud assets and how they are doing against Prisma Cloud security and compliance policy checks. Sharing the reports on a regular basis enables them to monitor progress without requiring access to the Prisma Cloud administrator console.
The Cloud Security Assessment report is a PDF report that summarizes the risks from open alerts in the monitored cloud accounts for a specific cloud type. The report includes an executive summary and a list of policy violations, including a page with details for each policy that includes the description and the compliance standards that are associated with it, the number of resources that passed and failed the check within the specified time period.
The Business Unit report is a .csv file that includes the total number of resources that have open alerts against policies for any compliance standard, and you can generate the report on-demand or on a recurring schedule. You can opt to create an overview report which shows you how you’re doing across all your business units, or get a little more granular about each of the cloud accounts you want to monitor. You can also generate the Business Unit report to review policy violations that are associated with specific compliance standards.
The overview report lists cloud resources by account group and aggregates information about the number of resources failing and the failure percentage against each policy. Whereas, the detailed Business Unit report lists cloud resources by account group, account name, and account ID, and it includes information about the number of resources failing against each policy and the status of cloud resources that have been scanned against that policy. The status can be pass or fail, and the status is reported as pass it means that the count of resources that failed the policy check is zero.
- Select.AlertsReports+Add New
- Enter aNameand select aReport Type.You can select Cloud Security Assessment report and Business Unit report.
- To generate a Business Unit Report:
- Select theAccount Groupsto include in the file.
- SelectDetailed Report, if you want to include a breakdown of the policy details for each cloud account being monitored. Read above for more details on the difference between the overview and the detailed Business Unit report.For the detailed report, selectCompress Attachmentsto get a .zip file for download or email attachment.
- Filter alerts associated with specific compliance standards.
- SelectFilter by Compliance Standard.
- Select theCompliance Standardsfrom the drop-down.This option is useful if you want to view the alerts that are associated with policies that are tied to the selected compliance standards. The report then includes information on alerts that pertain to the selected compliance standards only.
- Enter the
- Select theNotification template, if you want to use a custom email template.A custom email template allows you to tailor your message and add a URL in the message body. See Send Alert Notifications Through Email to set up a custom template.
- Set theFrequencyat which to send email notifications.One-Time—Sends an email to the recipient list only this once.Recurring—You can select the time interval as Daily, Weekly or Monthly. Prisma Cloud sends a single email to the recipient list on that day, during that week, or the month.You can only edit recurringAlerts Reportsto modify some inputs such as the time interval, whether or not to compress attachments.
- Saveyour changes.
- To generate a Cloud Security Assessment PDF Report:
- Select theCloud Typeto include in the file.
- Select theAccount Groupsand theCloud Accountsto include in the file.
- Select the cloudRegionsand theTime Rangefor the report.If you have a large number of open alerts in the account(s) selected an error message displays. You must remove some accounts from this report or reduce the time range, and create a separate report for the details you need.
- Saveyour changes.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.