Modify a Predefined Data Pattern
Learn how to clone a data pattern.
Learn how to modify a data pattern.
We are in the process of replacing Prisma SaaS DLP (Classic) with Prisma SaaS DLP. During this process, use the topic that matches your tenant. If you purchased Prisma SaaS with Enterprise DLP Add-on, opted in for a trial of Prisma SaaS with Enterprise DLP Add–on, or have a new tenant with Prisma SaaS DLP, or have a new tenant with Prisma SaaS DLP, use Clone a Data Pattern; otherwise, use Modify Predefined Data Patterns—Prisma SaaS DLP (Classic).
Modify Predefined Data Patterns—Prisma SaaS DLP (Classic)
Prisma SaaS provides predefined data patterns that automatically scan for matches against the default rules for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Threat Prevention as soon as you Add Cloud Apps to Prisma SaaS. You can edit the proximity keywords for any predefined data pattern to narrow the match results, reduce false positives, and improve accuracy.
- Select the predefined data pattern to edit.
- Select.SettingsData Pattern
- Select a predefined data pattern byNamefrom the list.For easy identification, the predefined data patterns do not haveCustomin the title.
- Enter the new proximity keywords for the predefined data pattern and clickSave.
Clone a Data Pattern
Although you cannot modify a predefined data pattern, you can clone (exact copy) an existing data pattern. In fact, you can clone any data pattern—specifically a custom data pattern, predefined data pattern, and file type data pattern.
A clone inherits the pattern of its
parentdata pattern. For example, a predefined data pattern has a built-in expression. This expression, therefore, is active and hidden in a clone of a predefined data pattern, just as it is in the parent data pattern: You can
onlyadd proximity keywords; if, however, you want to define a regular expression in addition to keywords, clone or create a custom data pattern from scratch instead.
This paradigm enables you to do any of the following:
- Efficiently create new data patterns.
- Work with a variation of a data pattern for experimentation purposes. Simply use the clone as match criteria in your policies and disable the parent data pattern. Then, either revert to the existing baseline—the parent data pattern, or retain and enable the cloned data pattern.
- Select the data pattern to clone.
- Select.SettingsData Pattern+Add New
- UseStateandTypefilters to search for the data pattern. All predefined data patterns are set to enabled by default.
- ClickClone Pattern.For easy identification, the service automatically populates theData Pattern Namewith aCopyprefix.
- Enter the proximity keywords, thenSave.
- (Optional) Use the cloned data pattern.
- Disable the parent data pattern the parent data pattern to reduce false positives.
- Enable the cloned data pattern.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.