Begin Scanning a Box App
Use these steps to connect the Box application to Prisma SaaS to begin scanning assets for policy violations.
If you plan to use Selective Scanning using Azure Active Directory, you must connect Azure Active Directory before adding your Box application so Prisma SaaS can discover and scan assets belonging to the user groups you want to monitor. To begin scanning a Box instance:
- Ensure that the Box account you plan to use with Prisma SaaS has sufficient privileges.Enabling theEdit settings for your companyoption suppresses email notifications. If you do not enable this setting, every collaborator on an asset receives an email notification each time Prisma SaaS accesses an asset. When you suppress email notification, actions will still appear in the user’s update feeds and in the audit logs.To connect Prisma SaaS, log in to a Box account with Administrator privileges. Make sure the following settings are enabled:
- From within Box, selectand select the Administrator account you want to use.Admin ConsoleUsers and Groups
- Allow this user to see all managed users.
- Add the Box application to Prisma SaaS.
- From the Prisma SaaSDashboard, selectAdd a Cloud App.
- ClickConnect to Box Account.
- Enter the email address and password for the Administrator account you want Prisma SaaS to use when connecting to Box and then clickAuthorize.Prisma SaaS validates the administrator account and if the account has the right authentication permissions to access all the Box assets. If the account does not have adequate permissions, an on-screen status displays an error alerting you to fix the issue.
- After authentication succeeds, selectGrant access to Box.The new Box instance is added to the list of Cloud Apps as Boxn,wherenis the number of Box instances you have connected to Prisma SaaS. For example, if this is the second Box instance connected, the name displays as Box 2.
- (Optional) Give a descriptive name to this instance and specify an incident reviewer.
- Select the Boxnlink on the Cloud Apps list.
- Enter a descriptiveNameto differentiate this instance of Box from other instances you are managing.
- Specify anIncident Reviewer Account. Use this setting with caution because the account you provide becomes a collaborator on all risks — even private files.
- ClickDoneto save your changes.
- Add policy rules.When you add a new cloud app, Prisma SaaS automatically scans the app against the default data patterns and displays the match occurrences. As a best practice, consider the business use of your app to determine whether you want to Add a New Asset Rule to look for incidents unique to Box.
- (Optional) Configure or edit a data pattern.When you Prisma SaaS scans the Box assets, sometimes the data patterns do not meet your business needs or return enough incidents. You can Data Patterns to identify specific strings of text, characters, words, or patterns to make it possible to find all instances of text that match a data pattern you specify.
- Start scanning assets on the Box instance.
- Select.SettingsCloud Apps & Scan Settings
- In the Cloud Apps row that corresponds to the new Box app, select.ActionsStart ScanningPrisma SaaS starts scanning all assets in the associated Box instance and begins to identify incidents. Depending on the number of Box users and assets, it may take some time for the service to complete the process. However, as soon as you begin to see this information populating on the Prisma SaaSDashboard, you can begin to Assess Incidents.
- Monitor the results of the scan.As Prisma SaaS starts scanning files and matching them against enabled policy rules, you can Monitor Scan Results on the Dashboard to verify that the policy rules are effective. Monitoring the progress of the scan during the discovery phase enables you toFine-Tune Policy to modify the match criteria and ensure better results.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.