Begin Scanning a Confluence App (Beta)
Add your Confluence app to Prisma SaaS to begin scanning and monitoring assets for possible security risks.
To connect a Confluence app to Prisma SaaS and begin scanning assets, you need to:
- Retrieve the Prisma SaaS public key required to create the application links.
- Configure the application links required for authentication and communication between Prisma SaaS and your Confluence account.
- Add the Confluence app to Prisma SaaS.
For information on which automated remediation capabilities Prisma SaaS supports with Confluence, refer to Supported Applications with Remediation.
Prepare To Add Confluence App
Before you begin, verify that you have the correct permissions and follow any recommendations to ensure an efficient and successful onboarding. By default, the
administratorsgroup on Confluence provides the necessary permissions to onboard the Confluence app.
Retrieve Prisma SaaS Public Key
Before you can create application links to connect your Confluence account to Prisma SaaS, you must retrieve the public key from Prisma SaaS for the Confluence app. You will enter this public key in Confluence UI when you configure the application links.
- Log in to Prisma SaaS.
- Select, then record theAdd a Cloud AppConfluenceClick here to prepare your Confluence AccountPublic Key.
Configure the Application Links
Before you can add the Confluence app, you must prepare your Confluence account to connect to Prisma SaaS. As you do so, take note of the following values, as they are required to add Confluence app on Prisma SaaS:
URL you use to log in to your Confluence cloud account. For example,
https://aperture.paloaltonetworks.com) to which you will map the Confluence URL.
Key you assign in Confluence and that’s used by Prisma SaaS to authenticate and make secure API calls to Confluence.
Descriptive name you assign in Confluence for the Consumer Key.
- Log in to your Confluence cloud account with Administrator permissions (for example,https://acmecorp.atlassian.net/).
- Select.AppsManage appsApplication Links
- InConfigure Application Links, enter Application URLhttps://aperture.paloaltonetworks.com, and thenCreate new Link.
- SelectUse this URL, thenContinue.
- EnterPrisma SaaSinApplication Name, selectConfluenceinApplication Type, selectCreate incoming Linkto link Confluence URL to the Prisma SaaS Application URL, thenContinue.
- Enter any value forConsumer Key,Consumer Name, andPublic Keyto enable Prisma SaaS to authenticate and make secure API calls to Confluence.
- Both Consumer Key and Consumer Name must be unique. Valid values (characters and length) are defined by Atlassian, not Prisma SaaS. Confluence UI informs you if your values do not comply with Atlassian’s convention.
- Public Key is the key you recorded in Retrieve Prisma SaaS Public Key.
- EdittheApplication LinkinConnectionsto set theIncomingoption toOAuthandSaveyour setting changes.
- Next Step: Proceed to Add Confluence App.
Add Confluence App
- Log in to your Confluence cloud account (for example,https://acmecorp.atlassian.net/) with Administrator privileges.
- From the Prisma SaaS Dashboard, selectAdd a Cloud App.
- Connect to Confluence Account.
- InConfluence Custom Configurationenter theConfluence URL—the URL that you use to log in to your Confluence cloud account—and theConsumer Keythat you recorded in Configure the Application Links.
- AllowPrisma SaaS access to your Confluence account.Prisma SaaS adds the new Confluence app to the Cloud Apps list asConfluencen, wherenis the number of Confluence app instances that you connected to Prisma SaaS. For example, if you added one Confluence app, the name displays asConfluence 1. You’ll specify a descriptive name soon.Congratulations—you’ve completed the onboarding process!
- Next Step: Proceed to Identify Risks and begin scanning your assets.
When you add a new cloud app and enable scanning, Prisma SaaS automatically scans the cloud app against the default data patterns and displays the match occurrences. You can take action now to improve your scan results and identify risks.
- Start scanning the new Confluence app for risks.
- During the discovery phase, Prisma SaaS scans files and matches them against enabled default policy rules.Verify that your default policy rules are effective. If the results don’t capture all risks or you see false positives, proceed to the next step.
- (Optional) Configure or edit a data pattern.
Customize Confluence App
If you plan to manage more than one instance of Confluence app, consider differentiating your instances.
- (Optional) Give a descriptive name to this app instance.
- Select the Confluencenlink on the Cloud Apps list.
- Enter a descriptiveName.
- ClickDoneto save your changes.
- Next Step: Proceed to Fix Confluence Onboarding Issues.
Fix Confluence Onboarding Issues
The most common issues related to onboarding the Confluence app are as follows:
During the course of creating application links, the Confluence UI displays errors, requesting required Service provider, Shared secret, Request Token URL, and Access Token URL.
These errors are not required for onboarding. These errors occur when you forget to select the
Create income linkcheckbox.
Delete the application links you created and recreate them with the
Create income linkselected.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.