Begin Scanning a Salesforce App
To begin scanning a Salesforce app:
- Ensure that the Salesforce administrator account you plan to connect to Prisma SaaS has sufficient administrator privileges.To configure the required permissions within Salesforce:
- UnderSetup, select.Manage UsersUsers
- Select the administrative user account and then clickSystem Permissions.
- UnderSystem, enable the following permissions:
- API Enabled
- Manage Chatter Messages(required only if you use Chatter)
- Modify All Data
- View All Data
- UnderUsers, enable the following permissions:
- View All Users
- Manage Users(required only if you have not enabled User Sharing)
- Add the Salesforce app to Prisma SaaS.
- From the Prisma SaaSDashboard, clickAdd a Cloud App, and selectSalesforce.
- Choose the type of Salesforce application:
- Connect to Salesforce Account—Adds your Salesforce production account to Prisma SaaS.
- Connect to Salesforce Sandbox—Adds your Salesforce Sandbox account to Prisma SaaS.Sandboxesare special Salesforce accounts that are maintained separately from your product account and are useful for development, testing, and training.
- Log in to Salesforce.After authentication, the new Salesforce app is added to the list of Cloud Apps as Salesforcen,wherenrepresents the number of Salesforce app instances you have connected to Prisma SaaS.
- (Optional)Give a descriptive name to the Salesforce instance.
- ClickSettingsand select the Salesforcenlisted.
- Enter a descriptiveNameto differentiate this instance of Salesforce from other instances and clickDone.
- (Optional)Adjust the maximum number of API calls allowed from Prisma SaaS to Salesforce.By default, Prisma SaaS can send a maximum of 10,000 API calls to Salesforce.
- Add policy rules.When you add a cloud app, Prisma SaaS automatically scans the app against the default data patterns and displays any match occurrences. As a best practice, consider the business use of your app to determine whether you want to Add a New Asset Rule to look for incidents unique to Salesforce.
- Configure or edit a data pattern.You can Configure Data Patterns (Basic DLP) to identify specific strings of text, characters, words, or patterns to make it possible to find all instances of text that match a data pattern you specify.
- Start scanning Salesforce for any possible policy violations or data exposure.
- Select.SettingsCloud Apps & Scan Settings
- In the Cloud Apps row that corresponds to the Salesforce app you just added, select.ActionsStart ScanningPrisma SaaS scans all assets in the associated Salesforce app and identifies incidents. Depending on the number of Salesforce users and assets, it may take some time for Prisma SaaS to complete the process. However, you can Monitor Scan Results on the Dashboard and begin to Assess Incidents. Monitoring the progress of the scan during the discovery phase allows you to Fine-Tune Policy to modify the match criteria and ensure better results.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.