SaaS Security License Types
Learn about the user-based and volume-based license models available by Palo Alto Networks for SaaS Security.
SaaS Security API Licenses
- SaaS Security API All Apps—The All Apps license is a user-based license that grants one user the right to use SaaS Security API to secure sanctioned SaaS applications. A license is term-based at one or three years and has the capabilities to protect your sanctioned SaaS apps by unlocking the following features:SaaS Security API All Apps license does not include Public Storage applications (AWS S3, Azure Storage, and Google Cloud Storage), which require a separate Add-on License.
- Automatic discovery—SaaS Security DLP (Classic) automatically scans cloud resources for over 20 SaaS apps using predefined data patterns, classifies all documents using machine learning, and checks hash on all Microsoft Office documents, PDF, and portable executable files against WildFire rules without requiring you to create any policy rules.Monitoring—You can review user activity logs enabling you to monitor and investigate the actions of your end users on the data and assets stored in your apps, including risky or suspicious user or administrator behavior. You can track events, such as file and folder downloads and uploads as well as failed login attempts, or you can learn how a user shared or collaborated on assets hosted in your SaaS applications.
- Advanced data classification—When you configure data classification labels for the files in your third-party apps you can control data sharing and prevent data exfiltration.
- Policy enforcement—Policy enables you to monitor and enforce responsible use of assets and protect them from malware, malware propagation, and data leaks.
- Machine learning—SaaS Security DLP (Classic) uses supervised machine learning algorithms to sort sensitive documents into Financial, Legal and Healthcare categories for document classification to guard against exposures, data loss and data exfiltration. To improve detection rates for the sensitive data in your organization, you can define the machine learning data pattern match criteria to identify the sensitive information in your cloud apps and protect them from exposure.
- SaaS Security Inline—The SaaS Security solution works with Cortex Data Lake to discover all the SaaS applications that are being used on your network. SaaS Security Inline discovers up to thousands of Shadow IT applications, along with their users and usage details. SaaS Security Inline also enforces SaaS policy rule recommendations seamlessly across your existing Palo Alto Networks firewalls or Prisma Access.
- Public Cloud Storage—This volume-based license helps you gain bucket and blob visibility and control for your Public Storage applications (AWS S3, Azure Storage, and Google Cloud Storage) on SaaS Security API and is term-based at one or three years. You can identify and remove public buckets and blobs from inadvertent exposure or use, prevent the propagation of malware and data exfiltration with advanced machine learning and DLP, and view an audit trail for stored buckets and blobs to detect anomalies.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.