From the ESM Console, you can create an ESM tech support file containing the following information:
- Effective security policy
- ESM Console and ESM Server settings
- ESM Console and ESM Server logs
- Database query results
The ESM Console aggregates and packages these logs into a ZIP file (< 1GB) that you can then download and send to Technical Support. Each time you generate a new ESM tech support file, the ESM Console logs the event. You can view the status and history of all tech support files from the ESM Console and can also configure log forwarding to send logs about the status of ESM tech support files to an external logging platform or to an email address.
You can generate an ESM tech support file from the
Settingspage. On average, this process takes 10 minutes or fewer.
- From the ESM Console, selectSettings.
- SelectGenerateto start the collection process. The ESM Console deactivates (grays out) theGeneratebutton during generation process.
- Refresh the page to view the status of the file. When the file is available, the ESM Console displays the time the file was created and updates the file size in the download link. The ESM Console reports a failure if it fails to generate the file within the preconfigured timeout period (25 minutes).You can also monitor logs related to ESM tech support file generation on thepage. From there, you can filter the Report Type by Tech Support File Status, or filter the Message by a specific job ID.MonitorESMLogs
- ClickDownloadto save the file and then send it to Technical Support, as needed. To view the history of all available ESM tech support file requests, selectpage. From there, you can download previous files or delete them as needed. If the tech support file failed to generate, theMonitorData RetrievalDownloadbutton is hidden and you can onlyDeletethe request.
ESM Tech Support File
ESM Tech Support File To aid Technical Support in troubleshooting and diagnosing issues, you can now generate an ESM tech support file on-demand. The tech ...
Traps Troubleshooting Resources
Traps Troubleshooting Resources To troubleshoot Traps and the Endpoint Security Manager (comprising an ESM Server, the ESM Console, and a database), use the following resources: ...
Features Introduced in Traps 3.4
Features Introduced in Traps 3.4 Features Introduced in Traps 3.4.3 Features Introduced in Traps 3.4.2 Features Introduced in Traps 3.4.1 Features Introduced in Traps 3.4.0 ...
Known Issues The following table describes known issues with Traps 3.4. Issue ID Description CYV-10101 After Traps quarantines malware, the operating system displays an error ...
Customizable ESM Server Settings
Customizable ESM Server Settings The following table lists the settings that you can configure for the ESM Server. Setting Description Default PreventionsDestFolder = Legacy upload ...
Troubleshooting Traps Troubleshooting Resources Traps and Endpoint Security Manager Processes ESM Tech Support File Database (DB) Configuration Tool Cytool Troubleshoot Traps Issues Troubleshoot ESM Console ...
Traps 3.4.2 Addressed Issues
Traps 3.4.2 Addressed Issues The following table lists the issues that are fixed in the Traps™ 3.4.2 release. Issue ID Description CYV-10645 Fixed an issue ...
Monitor ESM The following table displays the ESM logs you can forward to an external logging platform or email. Event Name Description User Login An ...
Proxy Communication Support
Proxy Communication Support The Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) now supports explicit proxy communication between the ESM and WildFire. Using a proxy server enables ESM deployments ...