Why can’t I upgrade or uninstall Traps?
Traps Setup reports the following error: Service “Traps” (CyveraService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges.
In earlier versions of Traps, the service protection feature prevents you from modifying or tampering with Traps system files.
- Create an action rule to disable service protection (see Manage Service Protection).
- Verify that you can install or uninstall Traps.
- Delete the action rule (see Save Rules).
- Try to upgrade Traps. To further troubleshoot an issue
related to the Traps service, view the logs to see if Traps reports
a specific error:
- From the Traps Console, select Open Log File.
- From the Traps Console, select Send Support File to send the logs to the ESM Server.
- Create an action rule to retrieve the logs from the endpoint (see Manage Data Collected by Traps).
- If the problems persists, contact Palo Alto Networks support.
Troubleshoot Traps Issues
Troubleshoot Traps Issues This topic addresses the following issues related to Traps: Why can’t I install Traps? Why can’t I upgrade or uninstall Traps? Why ...
Why can’t I install Traps?
Why can’t I install Traps? Symptom Traps Setup reports the following error: Service “Traps” (CyveraService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges. Possible ...
Manage Traps Action Rules
Manage Traps Action Rules Use action rules to perform one-time actions on the Traps agent that runs on each endpoint. Traps Action Rules Add a ...
Install Traps Components Using Msiexec
Install Traps Components Using Msiexec As an alternative to using the installation files, you can use Windows Msiexec to install software for the following Traps ...
Why can’t Traps connect to the ESM Server?
Why can’t Traps connect to the ESM Server? Symptom Traps cannot communicate with the ESM Server to retrieve the latest security policy and reports a ...
Traps Agent Settings Rules
Traps Agent Settings Rules Agent settings rules enable you to change preferences related to Traps from a central location. From the Settings Agent Settings page, ...
Known Issues The following table describes known issues with Traps 3.4. Issue ID Description CYV-10101 After Traps quarantines malware, the operating system displays an error ...
Manage Agent Settings Rules
Manage Agent Settings Rules Create agent settings rules from a central location to change preferences related to Traps. Traps Agent Settings Rules Add a New ...
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps On a daily or weekly basis, perform the following actions: Examine the Dashboard to verify that the Traps agent is ...