Disable or Enable All Protection Rules
If the endpoint protection security policy is causing issues for endpoints in your organization, you can quickly disable all active policy rules including the default policy rules. Disabling protection effectively removes all restrictions and halts the following tasks:
- Traps injection into all processes that run in the future
- Validation against WildFire
- Further data collection
Modifying security policy rules while all protection is disabled has no effect until protection is re-enabled.
After disabling protection and resolving the issues, you can restore all the policy rules at the same time by enabling all protection. (Enabling protection does not activate rules that were previously deactivated.)
In a scenario where you need to disable only a single rule or small group of rules, you can individually select and deactivate those rules from the rule management page specific to that rule type.
- From the ESM Console, select any rule management page, such as PoliciesMalwareRestrictions.
- Select the action menu .
- Do either of the following:
- To disable protection, select Disable All Protection. The ESM disables all rules and sends the updated security policy to the endpoints at the next heartbeat communication with the Traps agents.
- To enable protection, select Enable All Protection. The ESM re-enables all rules and sends the updated endpoint protection security policy to the endpoints at the next heartbeat communication with the Traps agents.
Policy Rule Types
Policy Rule Types A complete endpoint security policy comprises policies that target specific methods of protection. The rules that make up each of these policies ...
Manage Protection Settings on the Endpoint Using Cytool
Manage Protection Settings on the Endpoint Using Cytool By default, Traps protects core processes, registry keys, Traps files, and Traps services according to the service ...
Common Rule Components and Actions
Common Rule Components and Actions Each type of rule has a specific set of required and optional fields that you can customize to meet the ...
Traps Endpoint Security Manager Known Issues
Known issues with the Traps Endpoint Security Manager and Traps agent 4.1. ...
Traps Agent Settings Rules
Traps Agent Settings Rules Agent settings rules enable you to change preferences related to Traps from a central location. From the Settings Agent Settings page, ...
Administrative Privileges For each custom administrative role that you create, you can select the privileges and levels of access for each privilege. The levels of ...
Policy Enforcement When you configure security policy rules, Traps merges all configured rules into an effective policy that is evaluated for each endpoint. To determine ...
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps On a daily or weekly basis, perform the following actions: Examine the Dashboard to verify that the Traps agent is ...