Add a New Action Rule
For each action rule, you can specify organizational objects, conditions, and actions to take on each endpoint. Action rules apply to Traps agents on endpoints running the operating system you select.
- Create a new action rule.Select.SettingsAgentActions
- Select the type of operating system (WindowsormacOS) and thenAdda new rule.
- Select the type of task you want to perform.
- (Optional) Add Conditions to the rule. By default, a new rule does not contain any conditions.To specify a condition, select theConditionstab, select the condition in the Conditions list, and thenAddit to the Selected Conditions list. Repeat this step to add more conditions, as needed. To add a condition to the Conditions list, see Define Activation Conditions for a Rule.
- (Optional) Define the Target Objects to which to apply the action rule. By default, a new rule applies to all objects in your organization.To define a subset of target objects, select theObjectstab, and then enter one or moreUsers,Computers,Groups,Organizational Unit, orExisting Endpointsin the Include or Exclude areas. The Endpoint Security Manager queries Active Directory to verify the users, computers, groups, or organizational units or identifies existing endpoints from previous communication messages.
- (Optional) Review the rule name and description. The ESM Console automatically generates the rule name and description based on the rule details but permits you to change these fields, if needed.To override the autogenerated name, select theNametab, clear theActivate automatic descriptionoption, and then enter a rule name and description of your choice.
- Save the action rule.Do either of the following:
After saving or applying a rule, you can return to theActionspage at any time toDeleteorDeactivatethe rule.
- Savethe rule without activating it. This option is only available for inactive, cloned, or new rules. When you are ready to activate the rule, select the rule from thepage and then clickSettingsAgentActionsActivate.
- Applythe rule to activate it immediately.
Uninstall or Upgrade Traps on the Endpoint
Uninstall or Upgrade Traps on the Endpoint Create a new agent actions rule to uninstall Traps from the target objects or upgrade Traps using software ...
Change the Uninstall Password
Change the Uninstall Password By default, you must enter the uninstall password specified during installation to uninstall Traps from an endpoint. Change the default password ...
Define Child Process Restrictions
Define Child Process Restrictions The child process restriction rule is supported in Traps 3.4 and earlier releases. To restrict child processes on endpoints running Traps ...
Hide or Restrict Access to the Traps Console
Hide or Restrict Access to the Traps Console By default, a user can access the Traps Console to view information about the current status of ...
Manage Service Protection
Manage Agent Tampering Protection Agent tampering protection allows you to protect the Traps agents running on your endpoints. For flexible, granular control over agent tampering ...
Define Event Logging Preferences
Define Event Logging Preferences Traps stores event information and quarantined files in a temporary local storage folder. To adjust the size of the disk quota, ...
Add a New Agent Settings Rule
Add a New Agent Settings Rule For each agent settings rule, you can specify organizational objects, conditions, and Traps preferences to apply. Agent settings rules ...
Define Memory Dump Preferences
Define Memory Dump Preferences When a protected process crashes or terminates abnormally, Traps records information about the event including the contents of memory locations and ...
Manage Data Collected by Traps
Manage Data Collected by Traps To manage data collected by Traps, you can configure an action rule that runs only one time on the endpoint; ...