Manage Data Collected by Traps
To manage data collected by Traps, you can configure an action rule that runs only one time on the endpoint; after the Traps agent performs the action once, it will not repeat the action. To perform the same action again, Duplicate the action from the SettingsAgentActions page.
- Create a new action rule.Select SettingsAgentActions and then Add a new rule.
- Configure the tasks you want to perform on the Traps
data stored on the endpoints.Select Agent Data and then select any of the following options to manage Traps agent data.
- Clear history—Each endpoint stores a history of security prevention events. Select this option to clear historical data files from the Traps Console.
- Erase memory dumps—Memory dumps are records of the contents of system memory when a prevention event occurs. Select this option to erase the system memory records from target objects.
- Erase quarantined files—When a security event occurs on an endpoint, Traps captures memory dumps and recent files associated with the event and stores (quarantines) them in the forensic folder on the endpoint. Select this option to delete the files associated with the security event from the target objects.
- Retrieve collected data from the agent—Traps collects security event history, memory dumps, and other information associated with a security event. Select this option to retrieve all the information saved from all events that occurred on the endpoint. After this rule runs, the Traps agent sends all the data related to the prevention event, including a memory dump of the protected process, to the designated forensic folder.
- Retrieve collected logs from the agent—Traps collects detailed application trace logs and stores information about processes and applications that run on the endpoint. Use the log file to debug an issue with an application or investigate a specific problem captured in the log. Select this option to create an action rule that retrieves all the application trace information for an endpoint. After this rule runs, the Traps agent sends all the logs to the forensic folder.
- (Optional) Add Conditions to
the rule. By default, a new rule does not contain any conditions.To specify a condition, select the Conditions tab, select the condition in the Conditions list, and then Add it to the Selected Conditions list. Repeat to add more conditions as needed. To add a condition to the Conditions list, see Define Activation Conditions for a Rule on Windows Endpoints and Define Activation Conditions for a Rule on Mac Endpoints.
- (Optional) Define the Target
Objects to which to apply the action rule. By default, a
new rule applies to all objects in your organization.To define a subset of target objects, select the Objects tab, and then enter one or more Users, Computers, Groups, Organizational Unit, or Existing Endpoints in the Include or Exclude areas. The Endpoint Security Manager queries Active Directory to verify the users, computers, groups, or organizational units or identifies existing endpoints from previous communication messages.
- (Optional) Review the rule name and description.
The ESM Console automatically generates the rule name and description
based on the rule details but permits you to change these fields,
if needed.To override the autogenerated name, select the Name tab, clear the Activate automatic description option, and then enter a rule name and description of your choice.
- Save the action rule.Do either of the following:
After saving or applying a rule, you can return to the Actions page at any time to Delete or Deactivate the rule.
- Save the rule without activating it. This option is only available for inactive, cloned, or new rules. When you are ready to activate the rule, select the rule from the SettingsAgentActions page and then click Activate.
- Apply the rule to activate it immediately.
- Next steps...
- View the status of the rule—After creating the action rule, you can view its status from the Actions page. The status displays the number of agents that successfully completed the action and the number of agents that failed to complete the action.
- Duplicate the rule—From the Actions page, select the rule and click Duplicate. The ESM Console uses the settings from the rule you selected to populate a new rule. You can then change the scope of the rule by applying it to different target objects or leave it as is to run it again with the same settings; Then, Save or Apply the rule as described in the previous step.
- Retrieve data—If you created an action rule to retrieve data from the endpoint, select MonitorData Retrieval to view the Upload State of all data uploads. After the Traps agent completes the data upload, this page displays the event along with a link which allows you to Download the data.
Traps Action Rules
Traps Action Rules Action rules enable you to perform one-time actions on the Traps agent that runs on each endpoint. For each action rule, you ...
Define Memory Dump Preferences
Define Memory Dump Preferences When a protected process crashes or terminates abnormally, Traps records information about the event including the contents of memory locations and ...
Retrieve Data About a Security Event
Retrieve Data About a Security Event When a security event occurs on an endpoint, Traps collects forensic data including the contents of memory and stores ...
Add a New Action Rule
Add a New Action Rule For each action rule, you can specify organizational objects, conditions, and actions to take on each endpoint. Action rules apply ...
Uninstall or Upgrade Traps on the Endpoint
Uninstall or Upgrade Traps on the Endpoint Create a new agent actions rule to uninstall Traps from the target objects or upgrade Traps using software ...
Policy Rule Types
Policy Rule Types A complete endpoint security policy comprises policies that target specific methods of protection. The rules that make up each of these policies ...
Forensics Rules Forensics management rules enable you collect forensics data captured by Traps from a central location. From the Policies Forensics Management page, you can ...
Create a Forensics Rule
Create a Forensics Rule Create a forensics rule to define memory dump and forensics collection preferences. Configure a new forensics rule. Select Policies Forensics Management ...
Manage Traps Action Rules
Manage Traps Action Rules Use action rules to perform one-time actions on the Traps agent that runs on each endpoint. Traps Action Rules Add a ...