Why can’t I upgrade or uninstall Traps?
Traps Setup reports the following error: Service “Traps” (CyveraService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges.
In earlier versions of Traps, the service protection feature prevents you from modifying or tampering with Traps system files.
- Create an action rule to disable service protection (see Manage Agent Tampering Protection).
- Verify that you can install or uninstall Traps.
- Delete the action rule (see Save Rules).
- Try to upgrade Traps. To further troubleshoot an issue
related to the Traps service, view the logs to see if Traps reports
a specific error:
- From the Traps Console, select Open Log File.
- From the Traps Console, select Send Support File to send the logs to the ESM Server.
- Create an action rule to retrieve the logs from the endpoint (see Manage Data Collected by Traps).
- If the problems persists, contact Palo Alto Networks support.
Troubleshoot Traps Issues
Troubleshoot Traps Issues This topic addresses the following issues related to Traps: Why can’t I install Traps? Why can’t I upgrade or uninstall Traps? Why ...
Traps Agent Settings Rules
Traps Agent Settings Rules Agent settings rules enable you to change preferences related to Traps from a central location. From the Settings Agent Settings page, ...
Manage Agent Settings Rules
Manage Agent Settings Rules Create agent settings rules from a central location to change preferences related to Traps. Traps Agent Settings Rules Add a New ...
Upgrade to Traps 4.1
Upgrade to Traps 4.1 The Traps™ 4.1 release comprises the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) Server, the ESM Console, and the Traps agent. Use the following ...
Traps Endpoint Security Manager Known Issues
Known issues with the Traps Endpoint Security Manager and Traps agent 4.1. ...
Manage Traps Action Rules
Manage Traps Action Rules Use action rules to perform one-time actions on the Traps agent that runs on each endpoint. Traps Action Rules Add a ...
Why can’t I install Traps?
Why can’t I install Traps? Symptom Traps Setup reports the following error: Service “Traps” (CyveraService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges. Possible ...
Install Traps Components Using Windows Msiexec
Install Traps Components Using Windows Msiexec As an alternative to using the Windows installers, you can use Windows Msiexec to install the ESM Server and ...
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps
Maintain the Endpoints and Traps On a daily or weekly basis, perform the following actions: Examine the Dashboard to verify that the Traps agent is ...