Add a New Agent Settings Rule
For each agent settings rule, you can specify organizational objects, conditions, and Traps preferences to apply. Agent settings rules apply to Traps agents on endpoints running the operating system you select.
- Create a new agent settings rule.Select.SettingsAgentSettings
- Select the type of operating system and thenAdda new rule.
- Select the type of setting that you want to change and configure your preferences.Select one of the following, and then configure the settings according to the type of preference:
- Event Logging—For more information, see Define Event Logging Preferences.
- Heartbeat Settings—For more information, see Define Heartbeat Settings Between the Agent and the ESM Server.
- Communication Settings—For more information, see Define Communication Settings Between the Agent and the ESM Server.
- Process Management—For more information, see Collect New Process Information.
- Agent Tampering Protection—For more information, see Manage Agent Tampering Protection.
- Agent Security—For more information, see Change the Uninstall Password.
- User Visibility & Access—For more information, see Hide or Restrict Access to the Traps Console.
- User Alerts—For more information, see Create a Custom User Alert Message.
- (Optional) Add Conditions to the rule. By default, a new rule does not contain any conditions.To specify a condition, select theConditionstab, select the condition in the Conditions list, and thenAddit to the Selected Conditions list. Repeat this step to add more conditions, as needed. You can also define new Conditions.
- (Optional) Define the Target Objects to which to apply the rule.To define a smaller subset of target objects, select theObjectstab, and then enter one or moreAD Users,AD Computers,AD Groups,AD Organizational Unit,Existing Endpoints, orExisting Groupsin the Include or Exclude areas. The Endpoint Security Manager queries Active Directory to verify the users, computers, groups, or organizational units. The ESM Console also offers autocompletion as you type for existing endpoints and existing virtual groups.
- (Optional) Review the rule name and description. The ESM Console automatically generates the rule name and description based on the rule details but permits you to change these fields, if needed.To override the autogenerated name, select theNametab, clear theActivate automatic descriptionoption, and then enter a rule name and description of your choice.
- Save the agent settings rule.Do either of the following:
After saving or applying a rule, you can return to theSettingspage at any time toDeleteorDeactivatethe rule.
- Savethe rule without activating it. This option is only available for inactive, cloned, or new rules. When you are ready to activate the rule, select the rule from thepage and then clickSettingsAgentSettingsActivate.
- Applythe rule to activate it immediately.