Install the Endpoint Security Manager Console Software
You can install the ESM Console software on a dedicated server or on the same server as the ESM Server software.
- Initiate the ESM Console software installation. You can also install the ESM Console using Msiexec (see Install Traps Components Using Windows Msiexec).
- Double click theESMConsoleinstallation file.
- ClickNextto begin the setup process.
- Select theI accept the terms of the License Agreementcheck box and then clickNext.
- Specify the installation folder for the ESM Console.Keep the default installation folder or clickChangeto specify a different installation folder and then clickNext.
- Specify the security level for communication between the administrator and the ESM Console.To encrypt communication over SSL, use a server-client certificate file (PFX format) and supply the password for decrypting the private key.
- Select the certificate configuration method:
- No Certificate (no SSL)—Do not encrypt communication to and from the ESM Console.
- External Certificate (SSL)—(Recommended) Encrypt communication to and from the ESM Console over SSL (default). ThenBrowseto the server-client certificate and enter the password required to decrypt the private key.
- Configure the settings that enable communication between the ESM Console and the database.To set up access to the database, you must specify the authentication method and a user that has administrative privileges to administer the database. The username (and password) that you enter depend on the type of authentication method that you select: either Windows authentication (recommended) or SQL server authentication.Use the same database settings that you entered during the ESM Server installation.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name or IP address of the databaseServer Name. If your SQL Server uses an instance other than the default, you must also include the instance name in the format<servername>\<instance>.
- Enter the name of theDatabase Name.
- Select the method of authentication and enter the account credentials. This account must also be added as a database owner on the database server (for more information, see Configure the MS-SQL Server Database).
- Use Windows Authenticationto authenticate using a Windows domain user account that has privileges to administer to the database server and enter theDomain\User(for example,mydomain\administrator) andPassword.
- Use SQL Server Authenticationto authenticate using a local user that has privileges to administer the database and enter theLoginandPassword.
- To enable secure communication between the ESM Console and the database using TLS/SSL 1.2:
Secure communication between the ESM Console and the database is supported with only SQL Server Enterprise or SQL Server Standard.
- SelectSecure DB Connection (SSL). This option enables the ESM Console to encrypt communication between the ESM Console and the database.
- For even stricter security, select the option toValidate SQL Server Certificate Signer. This enables the ESM Console to validate that the certificate the database presents matches a specific certificate. For validation to succeed, you must import the database certificate intoTrusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Configure the settings for the administrative user who will access the ESM Console.
- Choose the type of authentication you want to use:
- Machine—The ESM Console authenticates a user or group on the local machine.
- Domain—The ESM Console authenticates a user or group belonging to the domain of the machine.
- Enter the account name for the user who will administer the server and then clickNext.
- Specify the forensic folder destination.
- Keep the default forensic folder path orBrowseto an alternate folder location and clickOK.The installer automatically enables BITS for this folder.
- Complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, clickFinish.
- Launch the ESM Console using one of the following methods:
- Double-click the icon on the desktop.
- Open the program from themenu.StartAll Programs
- Enter your administrator credentials.If you did not supply your Traps license during the ESM Server installation, the ESM Console is available in read-only mode. To enable read-write access to the ESM Console, you must add a valid Traps license (see Add a Traps License Using the ESM Console).
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.