Uninstall Traps Agent for Windows
Use this workflow to uninstall Traps agent 5.0 on a Windows endpoint.
You can uninstall the Traps™ agent using any of the following methods on a Windows endpoint:
- Uninstall from the Traps management service (Refer to how you Uninstall the Traps Agent in the Traps Management Service Administrator’s Guide.)
After you uninstall the agent, the endpoint is no longer protected by the Security policy of your company and the license returns to the pool of available licenses.
Manually Uninstall the Traps Agent for Windows
Use the following workflow to manually uninstall Traps.
- Select StartControl Panel(Programs)Programs and Features.
- Select Traps from the list and then Uninstall.
- When prompted to continue uninstalling, click Yes and acknowledge any notifications.
- Enter the uninstall password and click Next.
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Windows Using Msiexec
Use the following workflow to uninstall Traps using Msiexec.
- Use one of the following options to open a command
prompt as an administrator:
- Select StartAll ProgramsAccessories. Then right-click Command prompt and Run as administrator.
- Select Start. In the Start Search box, type cmd. Then, to open the command prompt as an administrator, press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Run the msiexec command followed
by one or more of the following options or properties:
For example, to uninstall Traps using the traps.msi installer with the specified password and log verbose output to a file called uninstallLogFile.txt, enter the following command:
- Uninstall and logging options:
For a full list of Msiexec parameters, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Msi/command-line-options
- /x <installpath>\<installerfilename>.msi—Uninstall a package.
- /l*v <logpath>\<logfilename>.txt—Log verbose output to a file.
- Public properties:
- UNINSTALL_PASSWORD=<uninstallpassword>—Specify the administrator password. You must specify the UNINSTALL_PASSWORD property to successfully uninstall a package.
C:\Users\username>msiexec /x c:\install\traps.msi /l*v c:\install\uninstallLogFile.txt UNINSTALL_PASSWORD=[palo@lt0]
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac From the Traps management service you can uninstall the Traps agent on an endpoint (see Uninstall the Traps Agent ...
Uninstall the GlobalProtect App for Windows
Uninstall the GlobalProtect App for Windows You can uninstall the app only if your GlobalProtect agent configuration allows it. However, if you uninstall the app, ...
Traps Agent 5.0 for Windows
To uninstall, use, and upgrade the Traps agent 5.0 on Windows endpoints, see the references in this topic. ...
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Linux
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Linux From the Traps management service you can uninstall the Traps agent on a Linux server (see Uninstall the Traps ...
Uninstall the GlobalProtect App for Mac
Uninstall the GlobalProtect App for Mac You can uninstall the app only if your GlobalProtect agent configuration allows it. However, if you uninstall the app, ...
Install the Traps Agent for Windows
Use the following workflows to install the Traps agent 5.0 on Windows endpoints. This topic provides options to use the MSI, Msiexec, and how to ...
Traps Agent 5.0 for Linux
Traps Agent 5.0 for Linux The Traps agent protects Linux servers by preventing attackers from leveraging software exploits or vulnerabilities to compromise an endpoint. The ...
Traps Agent 5.0 for Mac
Traps Agent 5.0 for Mac The Traps agent protects Mac endpoints by preventing known and unknown malware from running and halting attempts to leverage software ...
GlobalProtect App for Windows
GlobalProtect App for Windows GlobalProtect™ is a program that runs on your endpoint (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone) to protect you by using ...