Install Traps App for Android
Use this workflow to install Traps 6.0 for Android.
To install the Traps app, you must Create an Installation Package from the Traps management service and obtain the download link. This link contains the distribution ID required to associate the app with your Traps management service tenant. You can send this link to your end users to have them install the Traps app.
- Obtain the link for your Android distribution package and send the link to your end users.
- Instruct the end user to perform the following steps:
- From the Android endpoint, open the custom
download link for the Traps app.This opens the Traps app in the Google Play. Do not attempt to open the link in a browser.
- Install the app and follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Open the app when installation completes.
- (Android 5.1 and later releases) Grant access
to Traps to monitor apps.If additional permissions are required for your Android version, the Traps app prompts you to Permit usage access.This setting may have a different name depending on your Android version.
- Exit the Traps app usage settings and then return to the Traps app.
- Activate the Traps app for Android.Enter the First name and Last name of the end user, and the user’s Company email address and then click ACTIVATE.Traps management service uses this information to identify the endpoint.If activation fails, Traps displays a notification with a link to manually supply the custom package URL or distribution ID. For example, if your custom package URL is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paloaltonetworks.trapsa&referrer=123456abcdef, you can specify the entire URL, or, you can specify only the distribution ID which is the string following referrer= in the URL (for example, 123456abcdef). To retry activation, click ACTIVATE BY URL and supply the required information.
- (Optional) Configure additional app settings.From the Summary page, select the Traps menu at the top left and then select Settings. From this area, you can configure settings such as your preferred Language and preferences for Notifications that Traps displays.
- From the Android endpoint, open the custom download link for the Traps app.
Install the Traps Agent for Mac
Install the Traps Agent for Mac Before installing Traps on a Mac endpoint, verify that the system meets the requirements described in Traps for Mac ...
Traps App for Android
Traps App 6.0 for Android The Traps app for Android prevents known malware and unknown APK files from running on your Android endpoints. The Traps ...
Traps for Android Requirements
Traps for Android Requirements The Traps app for Android has the following requirements: Requirement Specification Operating system versions To determine the minimum Traps release for ...
Install the Traps Agent for Linux
Install the Traps Agent for Linux Traps for Linux is designed to protect Linux servers and operates transparently in the background as a system process. ...
Use Traps for Android
Use Traps for Android When you first install Traps for Android, Traps scans all apps installed on the Android endpoint. For each app Traps detects, ...
Features Introduced in Traps Agent
Describes the new features introduced in Traps agent 6.0 releases. ...
Install the Traps Agent for Windows
Use the following workflows to install the Traps agent 6.0 on Windows endpoints. This topic provides options to use the MSI, Msiexec, and how to ...
Troubleshoot Traps for Android
Troubleshoot Traps for Android Use the following resources to troubleshoot Traps for Android: Report an issue with the Traps app. View the Traps app version. ...
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac From Traps management service you can uninstall the Traps agent on an endpoint (see Uninstall the Traps Agent in ...