Activate the Traps Management Service
After you purchase Traps licenses, you will receive an email with an Auth code that you can use to activate your Traps management service tenant. The Directory Sync Service and Cortex Data Lake are also available to you.
While Directory Sync Service does not require you to register the service separately, you must perform additional configuration to begin using the service.
By default, Traps management service includes 100GB of log storage when you activate Traps management service. With the Traps Included Storage option, you do not need to activate the Cortex Data Lake separately. However, if you plan to use the same Cortex Data Lake instance for both firewall logs and Traps management service logs, you must first activate the Cortex Data Lake from the Customer Support Portal instead of activating the Cortex Data Lake from the Cortex Hub and then associate it with Traps management service during activation. This sequence allows you to associate the Auth code with Panorama and later associate the same Cortex Data Lake instance with Traps management service.
Use the following workflow to activate and set up a Traps management service tenant:
- Before you begin:
- Locate your Auth code either in the confirmation email you received after you purchased Traps licenses or in the Customer Support Portal (AssetsAdvanced Endpoint Protection).
- Sign In to the Cloud Services
Portal (https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com/).Anyone with a Palo Alto Networks Customer Services account that is assigned the appropriate roles can log in to the portal but you can't access an app or service from the portal until you activate it.
- (Optional) Set
Up Directory Sync Service.The Directory Sync Service reads Active Directory (AD) information on your network and sends it to the Palo Alto Networks cloud. This enables you to configure rules in your Traps management service tenant that apply to AD objects such as users and groups. Before you can begin assigning policy to AD objects, you must set up the service.
- Set up Cortex Data Lake if you intend to use the same
Cortex Data Lake instance to store logs from Palo Alto Networks
firewalls. If you plan to use only the Traps Included Storage, skip
to the next step to activate Traps management service. If you are
unsure how much log storage you need, use the Cortex Data Lake Calculator.You must activate the Cortex Data Lake from the Customer Support Portal and retrieve the license on Panorama (see License and Install the Cloud Service Plugin) if you want to store Traps logs and firewall logs to the same Logging Service instance.
- Activate Traps management service.Before you can log in to Traps management service, you must activate the app.
- Log in to the Cortex Hub and Activate New App.
- Enter the Auth Code you received
to activate Traps management service and Continue.The Cortex Hub prompts you for information to activate your Traps management service tenant.
- Enter an Instance Name to identify your tenant in the Cortex Hub and provide an optional Description.
- Select the Region in which
you want to host Traps management service tenant: US
East (N. Virginia) or EU (Frankfurt).The region you choose determines the location of the Logging Service and optionally the Directory Sync Service as well as the privacy regulations applied to your Traps management service tenant.The Traps agents can communicate with a Traps management service deployed in any region.
- Enter the Subdomain that you
want to use for your tenant of Traps management service.For example, if you enter mycompany as the subdomain, Palo Alto Networks will create your tenant of the Traps management service as mycompany.traps.paloaltonetworks.com.
- Choose a Cortex Data Lake instance to store logs.The Cortex Hub displays the list of Logging Service instances available in your Region. If you did not already purchase and activate Cortex Data Lake, the Traps management service includes 100GB of logging storage.
- If you Set Up Directory Sync Service, select your Directory Sync Service instance.
- Review the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA) and Agree and Activate.
- Click Done.
Logging Storage for Traps.Before you can begin storing logs, you must set quota allocation preferences for Traps management service.
- Enable Access to the Traps Management Service.
- Verify the status of your Traps management service tenant.
- From the Cortex Hub, click the gear icon next to your name.
- In the Traps area, review the STATUS for
Traps management service tenant you just activated.When Traps management service tenant is available, the status changes to the green check mark.
- Access your Traps management service tenant for the first
time.There are two ways to access your Traps management service tenant: Return to the Cortex Hub (https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com/) and select your tenant from Traps management service tile; or go directly to the web address for your tenant (https://<subdomain>.traps.paloaltonetworks.com).
- Use the Traps Management Service Dashboard.
Plan Your Traps Management Service Deployment
Plan Your Traps Management Service Deployment Before you get started with the Traps management service, plan your deployment: Use the Cortex Data Lake Calculator to ...
Activate Cortex Data Lake on the Cortex Hub
Activate Cortex Data Lake on the Cortex Hub If are using the Traps management service to secure your endpoints, all logs generated by the Traps components are ...
Cortex Data Lake License Activation
Determine whether to you need to activate your Cortex Data Lake (formerly called the Logging Service) license on the Cortex hub or in the Customer ...
Cortex Data Lake License Activation
Determine whether to you need to activate your Cortex Data Lake (formerly called the Logging Service) license on the CSP or on the Cloud Services ...
Set Up Traps
Set Up Traps Also available with Cortex XDR are Traps agents and Traps management service. If you choose to use Traps to monitor and collect ...
Assign Roles to Manage Cloud Services
Assign Roles to Manage Cloud Services To assign roles to or create other users in the Customer Support Portal, you must be assigned the Super ...
Features Introduced in Cortex Data Lake
What’s new in September 2018,What’s new in the Cortex Data Lake in March and April.,What’s new in September 2018,What’s new in the Cortex Data Lake ...
Traps Management Service
Traps Management Service As new malware variants pop up around the globe and new software bugs and vulnerabilities are discovered, it is challenging to ensure ...
Everything You Need to Configure Cortex XDR
Review the prerequisites for setting up Cortex XDR apps. ...