Create a Support Account
A support account is required to access software updates and to get technical support or open a case with Palo Alto Networks technical support.
For all licensing options except for usage-based licenses that are currently only available in AWS, you require a support account so that you can download the software package required to install the VM-Series firewall. The support account also allows you to view and manage all assets—appliances, licenses, and subscriptions—that you have registered with Palo Alto Networks.
If you have an existing support account, continue with Register the VM-Series Firewall.
- Go to https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.
- Click the Register link (bottom of the page), and enter the corporate email address to associate with the support account.
- Choose one of the following options and fill in the details
in the user registration form:For a usage-based license in AWS
For all other licenses
- Click Register your Amazon Web Services VM-Series Instance.
- On the AWS Management Console, find the AWS Instance ID, AWS Product Code, and the AWS Zone in which you deployed the firewall.
- Fill in the other details.
- Click Register device using Serial Number or Authorization Code.
- Enter the capacity auth code and the sales order number or customer ID.
- Fill in the other details.
- Submit the form. You will receive
an email with a link to activate the user account; complete the
steps to activate the account.After your account is verified and the registration is complete, you can log in to the support portal.
Register the VM-Series Firewall
Register the VM-Series Firewall When you purchase a VM-Series firewall, you receive an email that includes an auth code for a capacity license for the ...
Activate the License
Activate the License To activate the license on your VM-Series firewall, you must have deployed the VM-Series firewall and completed initial configuration. To deploy the ...
AMI on AWS GovCloud
AMI on AWS GovCloud The Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model of the VM-Series firewall is available as a shared AMI on AWS GovCloud. With ...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall in...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall in AWS and Azure (no auth code) Before you begin the registration process, log in to the ...
Serial Number and CPU ID Format for the VM-Series Firewall
Serial Number and CPU ID Format for the VM-Series Firewall When you launch an instance of the VM-Series firewall, each instance of the firewall is ...
Licenses for Cloud Security Service Providers (CSSPs)
Licenses for Cloud Security Service Providers (CSSPs) The Palo Alto Networks CSSP partners program allows service providers to provide security as a service or as ...
Register the Firewall
You can use your active Palo Alto Networks® Customer Support account to register your firewalls on our Customer Support Portal. ...
Switch Between the BYOL and the PAYG Licenses
Switch Between the BYOL and the PAYG Licenses The VM-Series firewall cannot be converted between the BYOL and PAYG licensing options. If you have already ...
VM-Series Firewall in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure L...
VM-Series Firewall in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure Licenses You can license the VM-Series firewall in AWS and Azure in two ways: Bring Your ...