Troubleshoot License Activation Issues
Some of the most common issues with activating your license is covered in this section.
- If you see an error that reads Failed
to fetch licenses. Failed to get license info. Please try again
lateror a generic communications error message displays.Verify the following:
- Can the firewall route traffic to the Palo Alto Networks server using a service route? By default, the firewall uses the management interface to access the server. If you plan on using a dataplane interface, make sure that you have set up a service route.
- Is routing over the internet working? SSH into the firewall and ping an publicly accessible IP address such as 126.96.36.199. Be sure to use the source option if you are using a dataplane interface. For example: ping count 3 source 10.0.1.1 host 188.8.131.52.
- Is DNS set up correctly? SSH into the firewall and ping a DNS name such as google.com. For example:
- If you see an error that reads Invalid Auth Code:Verify the following:
- You have entered the auth code properly.
- You have registered the auth code to your account on the support portal.
- Your auth code has not reached the maximum provisioning capacity for the VM-Series firewalls.
Activate the License
Activate the License To activate the license on your VM-Series firewall, you must have deployed the VM-Series firewall and completed initial configuration. To deploy the ...
Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone...
Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone Version) If you have not elected to use the bootstrapping workflow using a subscription bundle, you must ...
Launch the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0)
Launch the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0) You can choose to deploy the firewall template in one VPC and the sample application template ...
Bootstrap Errors If you receive an error message during the bootstrapping process, refer to the following table for details. Error message (Severity) Reasons Boot image ...
Troubleshooting The following topics address issues for the Panorama™ management server and Dedicated Log Collectors: Troubleshoot Panorama System Issues Troubleshoot Log Storage and Connection Issues ...