Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone Version)
If you have not elected to use the bootstrapping workflow using a subscription bundle, you must deploy the VM-Series firewall and complete initial configuration before you can activate the license on your VM-Series firewall.
- If your VM-Series firewall has direct
internet access.To activate the license, the firewall must be configured with an IP address, netmask, default gateway, and DNS server IP address.The firewall must have a valid DNS configuration and have network connectivity to access the Palo Alto Networks licensing server.
- If you are activating a license on an already-licensed VM-Series firewall, you must Install a License Deactivation API Key.
- Select DeviceLicenses and select the Activate feature using authorization code link.
- Enter the auth code that you registered on the support portal. The firewall will connect to the update server (updates.paloaltonetworks.com), and download the license and reboot automatically.
- Log back in to the web interface and confirm that the Dashboard displays a valid serial number. If the term Unknown displays, it means the device is not licensed.
- On DeviceLicenses,
verify that PA-VM license is added to the device.If you see an error message, check Troubleshoot License Activation Issues.
- If your
VM-Series firewall does not have internet access.
- Select DeviceLicenses and click the Activate Feature using Auth Code link.
- Click Download Authorization File, and download the authorizationfile.txt on the client machine.
- Copy the authorizationfile.txt to a computer that has access to the internet and log in to the support portal. Click My VM-Series Auth-Codes link and select the applicable auth code from the list and click the Register VM link.
- On the Register Virtual Machine tab upload the authorization file. Select the PAN-OS version and the hypervisor on which you have deployed the firewall, to complete the registration process. The serial number of your VM-Series firewall will be attached to your account records.
- Navigate to AssetsMy Devices and search for the VM-Series device just registered and click the PA-VM link. This will download the VM-Series license key to the client machine.
- Copy the license key to the machine that can access
the web interface of the VM-Series firewall and navigate to DeviceLicenses.License keys must be installed through the web interface. The firewall does not support license key installation through SCP or FTP.
- Click Manually Upload License link and enter the license key. When the capacity license is activated on the firewall, a reboot occurs.
- Log in to the device and confirm that the Dashboard displays a valid serial number and that the PA-VM license displays in the DeviceLicenses tab.
Prepare the Licenses for Bootstrapping
Prepare the Licenses for Bootstrapping To license the firewall during the bootstrapping process, you must purchase the auth codes and register the licenses and subscriptions ...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panora...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panorama has No Internet Access Complete the following procedure to activate the VM-Series firewall for NSX when ...
Device > Licenses
Device > Licenses Select Device Licenses to activate licenses on all firewall models. When you purchase a subscription from Palo Alto Networks, you receive an ...
Upgrade the VM-Series Model
Upgrade the VM-Series Model The licensing process for the VM-Series firewall uses the UUID and the CPU ID to generate a unique serial number for ...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License when the Pa...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License when the Panorama Virtual Appliance is Internet-connected In order to manage devices on Panorama, you need to activate a firewall ...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License on the M-Se...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License on the M-Series Appliance In order to manage devices on Panorama, you need to activate a Capacity License. The Capacity ...
Manage Firewall Licenses
Manage Firewall Licenses Panorama > Device Deployment > Licenses Select Panorama Device Deployment Licenses to perform the following tasks: Update licenses of firewalls that don’t ...
Create a Support Account
Create a Support Account A support account is required to access software updates and to get technical support or open a case with Palo Alto ...
License the VM-Series Firewall
License the VM-Series Firewall Before you can start using your VM-Series firewall to secure east-west and north-south traffic on your network, you must activate the ...