Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone
If you have not elected to use the bootstrapping workflow using a subscription bundle, you must deploy the VM-Series firewall and complete initial configuration before you can activate the license on your VM-Series firewall.
- If your VM-Series firewall has direct internet access.To activate the license, the firewall must be configured with an IP address, netmask, default gateway, and DNS server IP address.The firewall must have a valid DNS configuration and have network connectivity to access the Palo Alto Networks licensing server.
- If you are activating a license on an already-licensed VM-Series firewall, you must Install a License Deactivation API Key.
- Selectand select theDeviceLicensesActivate feature using authorization codelink.
- Enter the auth code that you registered on the support portal. The firewall will connect to the update server (updates.paloaltonetworks.com), and download the license and reboot automatically.
- Log back in to the web interface and confirm that theDashboarddisplays a valid serial number. If the termUnknowndisplays, it means the device is not licensed.
- On, verify thatDeviceLicensesPA-VMlicense is added to the device.
- If your VM-Series firewall does not have internet access.
- Selectand click theDeviceLicensesActivate Feature using Auth Codelink.
- ClickDownload Authorization File, and download theauthorizationfile.txton the client machine.
- Copy theauthorizationfile.txtto a computer that has access to the internet and log in to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal.
- Selectand select the applicable auth code from the list and click theAssetsVM-Series Auth-CodesRegister VM.
- Upload the authorization file. Select the PAN-OS version and the hypervisor on which you have deployed the firewall, to complete the registration process. The serial number of your VM-Series firewall will be attached to your account records.
- Navigate toand search for the VM-Series firewall you just registered using the auth code or the model name.AssetsDevices
- Select the icon next toPA-VMand download the VM-Series license key to the client machine.
- Copy the license key to the machine that can access the web interface of the VM-Series firewall and navigate to.DeviceLicensesLicense keys must be installed through the web interface. The firewall does not support license key installation through SCP or FTP.
- ClickManually Upload Licenselink and enter the license key. When the capacity license is activated on the firewall, a reboot occurs.
- Log in to the device and confirm that theDashboarddisplays a valid serial number and that thePA-VMlicense displays in thetab.DeviceLicenses
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.