Create and Configure the VM-Series Firewall
Learn how to create a VM-Series instance in Alibaba Cloud, and create the network interfaces for the firewall.
This task uses the ECS console to create a VM-Series firewall instance. An ECS instance supports a single NIC by default, and automatically attaches an Elastic Network Interface (ENI) to it. To support the VM-Series firewall, you must separately create the Untrust and Trust Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs) and attach them to your instance.
- Open the ECS console and select Instances.
- On the upper right, select Create Instance.
- Select Custom.
- Basic Configurations.
- Fill in the following values.
Property Value Billing Method Pay-As-You-Go Region US West 1 (Silicon Valley). You can also select a Zone. Instance/Instance Type ecs.sn2ne.xlarge Image Select Custom Image and choose the custom image you created in Create a Custom Image in the Alibaba Cloud Console. Storage Choose a disk type and specify 60 GiB.
- Select Next: Networking.
- Fill in the following values.
- On the Networking page, supply the following values.
- Network (VPC).
- Choose the VPC you created in Create a VPC and Configure Networks.
- Choose the Management VSwitch.
- Network Billing Method.Do not assign a public IP address at this time.
- Elastic Network Interface.The Management interface is already attached to eth0.
- Select Next: System Configurations.
- Network (VPC).
- On the System Configurations page, fill in the following
- Log On Credentials: Select Inherit
Password from Image.The default user name for the VM-Series firewall is admin and the password is also admin.
- Name the VM-Series firewall instance.
- Log On Credentials: Select Inherit Password from Image.
- Select Preview to view your settings thus far. Make any corrections.
- Select Create Instance to create the VM-Series firewall instance.
- From the console home page, choose Elastic Compute ServiceNetworks
and SecurityENI and
click Create ENI in the top right corner.Create
elastic network interfaces for the Untrust and Trust interfaces.
- Create the Untrust ENI.
- Create the Trust ENI.
- Attach ENIs to the VM-Series firewall Untrust and Trust
- Attach the Untrust ENI.
- Attach the Trust ENI.
the default user name and password immediately. Use the VNC console to connect to the management terminal, and log on to the ECS instance, and change the VM-Series firewall default username and password (admin/admin). If you do not know the VNC connection password, you must change the password for the VNC console.Change the VM-Series firewall username and password before you associate IP addresses with any network interface.
- Allocate two Elastic IP (EIP) addresses.Allocate EIP addresses for the VM-Series firewall Management interface and the Untrust network interface. In this example the Trust interface is not exposed to the internet, so you don’t need a third IP address.If you already have two EIPs, go to the next step.
- Associate an EIP with the VM-Series firewall Management interface.
- Associate an EIP with the VM-Series firewall Untrust
network interface.The second interface you attach is assigned to network interface 1 on the VM-Series firewall.
- Restart your instance to attach the new network interfaces.On the Instances list, select your instance and click Manage, and click Restart on the upper right.
- Access the VM-Series firewall web interface.Open a web browser and enter the EIP for the management interface.
Launch the VM-Series Firewall on AWS
Launch the VM-Series Firewall on AWS If you have not already registered the capacity auth-code that you received with the order fulfillment email, with your ...
Minimum System Requirements for the VM-Series Firewall on Alibaba Cloud
Supply these minimum system requirements to successfully deploy the VM-Series firewall on Alibaba Cloud. ...
Prepare to Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Alibaba Cloud
Complete preliminary tasks before creating the VPC and Networks. ...
Use Case: Secure the EC2 Instances in the AWS Cloud
Use Case: Secure the EC2 Instances in the AWS Cloud In this example, the VPC is deployed in the 10.0.0.0/16 network with two /24 subnets: ...
AWS Terminology This document assumes that you are familiar with the networking and configuration of the AWS VPC. In order to provide context for the ...
AMI on AWS GovCloud
AMI on AWS GovCloud The Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model and the usage-based model of the VM-Series firewall is available on the AWS GovCloud ...
Launch the VM-Series Firewall in OCI
Launch the VM-Series Firewall in OCI After uploading the KVM qcow2 image to OCI and configuring a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN), you are ready to ...
Planning Worksheet for the VM-Series in the AWS VPC
Planning Worksheet for the VM-Series in the AWS VPC For ease of deployment, plan the subnets within the VPC and the EC2 instances that you ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Alibaba Cloud
Learn how to use the Alibaba Cloud console to create the networks to deploy the VM-Series firewall with multiple interfaces. ...